What do you use before you rollerset???

beana3

Currently i use my regular leave in and a bit of serum before i rollerset.. i try not to do anything special. I'm just interested in learning how others go about preparing their hair for a rollerset. TIA

I roller set with Lafier Honey and Almond Rinse with a little Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Hair Polisher on top of that.

I rolletset with my homemade leave in and loreal serum on top of that. I'm thinking about adding some kereacare foam/wrap lotion when I want to keep the curls.

thanks for the responses everyone. I'm going to try the silken seal for my next rollerset, and maybe a bit of oil

I apply Africa's Best Herbal Oil, infusium 23, some silicone product on my ends and nexxus humectress mixed with water. I am out of humectress so I will have to find a substitute.

Im jealous I wish I could rollerset... this is why i have to get weekly salon visits, for the sake of the perfect rollerset
ohwell.gif

Do most use a heat protector when rollersetting, or do you reserve that for high heat situations like flat ironing?

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Do most use a heat protector when rollersetting, or do you reserve that for high heat situations like flat ironing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still use heat protectant sometimes when rollarsetting. New Image Damage Free Thermal Protecting Styler is a heat protector which I use sometimes when rollarsetting, followed by keracare silken seal.

To answer the title of the thread, I rotate with different things: L'anza Protect Shine Serum, mix of distilled water and the conditioner I used or the Keracare. Looking to try out my sample of Razac though and see what that's liike.

BRH, I looked for the New Image at Sally's but I couldn't find the Thermal Protecting Styler
frown.gif
They had the other products, though. Maybe my Sally's just doesn't carry it.

i use infusium 23 a lil bit of motions wrapping lotion. 10 minutes before i take my rollers out, i spray a glosser sheen from lusters ( i think thats who its by) and sit back under the dryer.

Soulchild, the New Image was being discontinued when I bought it. Someone on this board kindly let everyone know that it was being discontinued and that it was reduced to like $0.99 from approx $5 or something so I hot foot it to a Sallys and bought around 5 bottles at the slashed price. This was about 5/6 months ago now.

I'm sure there must be somewhere or a Sally's that has a few left but you'd prolly have to call around first.

Back