What do you think of this hair/website for Kinky straight twists? Any feedback?

PaperClip

Any feedback on service/products from this website?

http://www.erenahaircenters.com/index.htm

This hair is $40 per ounce....

afro.jpg

afro_kinky.jpg

How many ounces would you need for a full head? I really liked some of their products. Good to see they have an affiliate here in the Atlanta area.

Thanks for responding!

I did call the place today and was told I'd need FIVE:blush:OUNCES for a full head of twists (I suppose like the photo)....

This hair comes at $40 an ounce.... $40 X 5 = $200!:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

I'm looking like :blush: as I am a full-time student right now... otherwise I'd be like :look:....

Hrm, that makes me think that it should be able to be re-used, right? That might make the price a little better......

I'm confused. I thought the hair used for kinky twists was always synthetic and costs like $2/ pack.

Are you talking about sengalese twists? I thought the hair was synthetic and extremely cheap as well. Why would you want human hair for twists?

I'm confused. I thought the hair used for kinky twists was always synthetic and costs like $2/ pack.

Are you talking about sengalese twists? I thought the hair was synthetic and extremely cheap as well. Why would you want human hair for twists?

Yes.... The lady who is going to twist my hair recommends synthetic hair. I want my twists to look like the photo in the first post; not the big puffy ones....

OOOh been there done that. First time I did kinky twists. I spent 55 dollars and ounce at Lugo's and I needed 5 ounces of hair to do my big ole dome. $275 big ones and that did not include the 120 for labor. All that for some dag ole twists. Yes they looked really natural. However they dried my own hair out. Never again. Synthetic is much healthier for my hair and at 5.99 a pack and now I do the labor myself. Im good. All I can say is the styles are cool.:yep:

$200-250 for a whole head is about right. I'm in NY and I have bought similar hair for the same price.

The hair is great and it can be washed and reused.

I prefer HH for this look. Synthetic hair has the potential to snap your hair off if it's not done right and sometimes be too bulky and shiny for my taste.

When I do twists I'm careful to moisturize daily with Braid spray and oils. I never had a problem.

You making me want Kinky twists now. I just don't have the patience for them anymore though , the time it takes to put them in and then the time it takes to take them out.

i had to learn to do my own for that EXACT reason. hair is expensive, but labor is outrageous. but i digress. that style is nice =)

i am cheap so i buy the janet kinky twist hair, $4.49 a pack and i use a pack and a half. the shine of my synthetic hair comes off when i soak it in vinegar water. i have never had that problem...but if you can afford it go for it.

i had to learn to do my own for that EXACT reason. hair is expensive, but labor is outrageous. but i digress. that style is nice =)

i am cheap so i buy the janet kinky twist hair, $4.49 a pack and i use a pack and a half. the shine of my synthetic hair comes off when i soak it in vinegar water. i have never had that problem...but if you can afford it go for it.

Could you please show me the Janet kinky twist hair you've mentioned here?

Could you please show me the Janet kinky twist hair you've mentioned here?

I also recommend it. I use it also to do my kinky twists. I use the 18 inch hair. I have never had breakage with the synthetic hair. I had some hair left over for the last time I did twists. Here is the package. Its cheap but it works. I have been gettign twists for over a year and I have had no breakage nothing but progress. Be sure to rinse the hair in ACV rinse before you use it.

Last edited:
I also recommend it. I use it also to do my kinky twists. I use the 18 inch hair. I have never had breakage with the synthetic hair. I had some hair left over for the last time I did twists. Here is the package. Its cheap but it works. I have been gettign twists for over a year and I have had no breakage nothing but progress. Be sure to rinse the hair in ACV rinse before you use it.

janet-vi.jpg

twists-vi.jpg

Your twists came out nice. They're not all big and poofy.

Your twists came out nice. They're not all big and poofy.

I hate big and poofy. I do them myself. I stretch as I twist and I never do them tight so no breakage. I need to be able to put them in a pony tail and I can make them look professional. The length is between APL and WL (BSL with ends curled. I opened my album to show you

Last edited:
Back