What do you think of Skala (Brazilian) products?

Barbie83

I did a search and the most recent thread I could find was from like 2005....:ohwell:

I was in Big Lots and picked up some Skala Intense Moisture Shea Butter Leave-in for $1. I've never heard of Skala products, but I read the ingredients and it's cone free and seems harmless.

So I tried it last night to moisturize dry hair before wrapping (I'm wearing it straight right now). I moisturized with it again this morning, and I'm loving it!!

It's very light and absorbs very fast. No oil, so my hair still has amazing swing, it's just much softer and silkier. I think I may have found a staple daily moisturizer for my straight days!!!

I'm going back to Big Lots to stock up!!:grin:

http://www.skalabeauty.com/

Attachments

• skala.jpg
    skala.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 25
I've used it a lot on my curly weaves but don't like the ingredients for my own hair. I have a 3a/b friend who loves it.

ETA: I just found a thread at LHC from 2004 where someone was saying that it was a popular product at LHCF so there should be some more threads somewhere. Old threads can still havee good information.

Last edited:
LOL! I just used the Ceramides Conditioner (in the jar) this morning for a co-wash and I kept it under a shower cap for 5 min. Results: Smooth, SILKY hair. I can't vouch for other products since this is the only one I tried, but this one is def worth trying. It was kinda like a creamier silicon mix.

I have had really good results with the Brazilian products. I have never tried Skala but I love kanechom.

Well........After Lurking at work today I Ran Up in Big Lots after work looking for $6.00 Sebastian Penetraitt and they didn't have it, but they had the Skala Products.

Being the PJ I am:sekret:......Of Course I scooped up some.:drool:

But then...I felt guilty because I wanted the Penetraitt (which was the only reason) for going in there in the first place......

especially since I paid about $20.00 for mine:eek:.

Imma return the Skala to a different Big Lots tomorrow and look for the Penetraitt there. Either way, they're going back.

Don't Need it. Too many products...:perplexed

:yep: I love this one. I have the Ceramide cond. and leave in. I also have the Shea butter leave in but I have yet to try them.

I don't know which conditioner is more :lick: the Jaborandi or the Shea Butter. Both give my hair some incredible slip! I love my Shea Butter leave in, but I only have a little bit left. So the last couple of days I have mixed the Shea Butter with the Ceramides and overnight baggy. My hair likes it!

Back