What do you think about Lustrasilk Moisture Max?

RabiaElaine

In the past 2 weeks since I got my touch up I have bought several moisturizers for my hair. So far none of them were holding the moisture in my hair, even when I was moisturizing my hair twice a day!!!
So last night I went to the beauty supply, and I saw Moisture Max and remembered that I used to use it for a while in high school. I couldn't remember any complaints about it so I decided to purchase it. I applied it last night and this morning my hair still had the moisture in it!!!
I was just wondering if any of you use it, and what you think.

Wow, I used to swear by this stuff, especially for my daughter's hair. It seemed to make her hair so shiny & manageable... I used to buy the huge professional size!! It's definitely the best of the oil moisturizers, in my opinion.

Lindy...I'm w/ you. Nothing's better (except possibly for Soft Sheen's Breakthru) for blow drying. For a child's hair that is mostly plaited, it is probably a good product.

Using this stuff in a heavy way (VERY easy) or as a daily hairdress may not be so good depending on the texture and style of your hair.....probably OK in small amounts for relaxed hair, but otherwise too much will only create unhappiness! LOL

I would TOTALLY avoid this is I wore a 'fro, locs, or those tiny micro braids...too easy to use too much and too hard to get off in those cases. JMHO.

Those who think MM is too heavy could prehaps try Breakthru.

Re: What do you think about Lustrasilk Moisture Ma

It just sat there.
frown.gif

Sorry to resurrect a dinosaur, but this product has gone underground lately and it saw my hair through many a harsh, dry winter. Keeps my relaxed hair healthy-looking and shiny (although it is admittedly a bit heavy). Too heavy for summer use, I say. I have not tried it on my natural hair, but I am curious. Well, I'll either pay too much for it online and get some on my next jaunt down south!

Back