What do you se to Protect and Seal Ends of Your Hair?

orchidgirl

So I am curious as to what everyone uses to protect or seal the end of their hair. I had a baby 5 month ago and during that time my hair grew long, but the end are a mess. I think I will have to chop at least 6 inches, so for the new ends, I want to know whats to do. Thanks for all the help!

When I first learned of sealing ends I just sprayed my ends with water and sealed with whatever grease I was using. My ends got thicker back then, and I'm going back to that once I gain some more length. Now I'm just moisturizing with my leave in spray and slathering BB Castor Oil and Aloe lotion on my twa, no complaints thus far.

Qhemet Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm. I tried it for the first time last night and my ends are still hydrated, soft and smooth.

Otherwise, I normally use grapeseed oil. I will probably use that when I seal the ends of my curly styles. My ends seem to get dryer when they are straight, so I think I'll seem the hydrating balm for those days.

I put extra leave in on there and then use Castor oil to protect. I use macadamia nut oil to seal all my hair though in the colder months but switch to coconut in the warmer seasons.

I don't have any suggestions for the products to use, but I would suggest that you may want to start babying and protecting the ends that you have right now. That will get you in the practice or habit of protecting your hair and you never know....your ends may turn around and surpise you and you may not need to cut as much.

I don't have any suggestions for the products to use, but I would suggest that you may want to start babying and protecting the ends that you have right now. That will get you in the practice or habit of protecting your hair and you never know....your ends may turn around and surpise you and you may not need to cut as much.

That would be great ..i'm aliitle depressed about cutting so much off at one time.:wallbash:

Back