What do you put underneath your woolen hat?

Ms. Cleo

It has finally turned cold here. Last year I had a stretchy lycra stocking cap that I would put on underneath my hat. The problem was I just could not get it to stop bleeding. The moisture and oils in my hair had black dye everywhere. I had to throw it out.

Lately I have been putting a scarf on under the hat, but I can't keep doing that. I actually went against the rules and just put the hat on. Big mistake! It sucked all the moisture right out and looked like it sucked the relaxer out also!

I need ideas!

I've worn a satin scarf underneath my wool hat with no problems. Sure, it makes my head look big, but it saves my hair!

ETA: Maybe you could sew a cheapie satin scarf inside your hat, like a lining?

preciousjewel76 said:
I've worn a satin scarf underneath my wool hat with no problems. Sure, it makes my head look big, but it saves my hair!

ETA: Maybe you could sew a cheapie satin scarf inside your hat, like a lining?

I do this too...my head do look big but i don`t care because i know my hair is not touching the wool.

Underneath of my hats
I use cheap satin scarfs
silk material from the fabric store
doo rags
homemade or store bought stocking caps

Silk scarf or a doo rag. I was wearing a satin bonnet underneath my hat but the elastic broke some of my edges off.

Ineedhair said:
Silk scarf or a doo rag. I was wearing a satin bonnet underneath my hat but the elastic broke some of my edges off.

I use my satin bonnet but its an old one I started to throw out so the elastic isn't tight at all. I just grabbed it one morning on the way out thinking - "LHCF says wool is a no, no!" ;-)

Back