What do you put on your hair ( if anything) before pincurling at night...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I have been using the winter months to experment with pincurling. I have been trying both of Godflowerrrr's ( hanks girl) methods to see which one gets me the look I am going for. Outside I have been wearing my hair up but at night I have been pincurling so that when spring/summer gets here I will be ready.

Now my question is what do you put on my ends/hair before you pin curl your hair at night. My hair is going through the dry winter blues so I have been spraying it with my spray bottle containing water and VO5 conditioner and then adding oil to the ends. Does that sounds good? Any sugesstions would be great.

TIA

That sounds good to me. I've been spraying my hair w/ Dove sheer moisture, especially the front where my hair tends to be dry; using Garnier Fructis anti-split ends treatment; and/or using jojoba oil. My hair has looked more moisturized. I think that bottom line, it is great to moisturize at night so whatever product works for you keep it up. HTH

LadyR said:
I have been using the winter months to experment with pincurling. I have been trying both of Godflowerrrr's ( hanks girl) methods to see which one gets me the look I am going for. Outside I have been wearing my hair up but at night I have been pincurling so that when spring/summer gets here I will be ready.

Now my question is what do you put on my ends/hair before you pin curl your hair at night. My hair is going through the dry winter blues so I have been spraying it with my spray bottle containing water and VO5 conditioner and then adding oil to the ends. Does that sounds good? Any sugesstions would be great.

TIA

Where can I find this method?

Well since no one has anything to say I will reply to my thread :D .

I have realized last night that my ends comes out to curly when adding water and oil so I will now be trying just oil to see if that will work with my ends.

Anyone else?

I don't usually add anything. Maybe a little oil. But the water/moisturizer just messes too much with the set. So I don't use anything but a little oil or serum.

I moisturize and seal at night, so before I pin curl I just use my daily moisturizer (Giovanni Direct) and seal with oil (jojoba/castor/Vatika oil). I then pin curl, tie my hair up with a silk scarf and go to sleep.

SohoHair said:
I moisturize and seal at night, so before I pin curl I just use my daily moisturizer (Giovanni Direct) and seal with oil (jojoba/castor/Vatika oil). I then pin curl, tie my hair up with a silk scarf and go to sleep.

i am pretty much the same way, but right now i have been on a Granier sleek and shine followed by an alamond oil mix, or i have a thicker shea butter advacado butter mix i use. this gives me more bouncy curls that are not too curly.

I use a dime size amount of Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave In Cream with a few lines of WGHO - I rub this in my palms and then put it all over my hair and then wrap or pincurl depending on the style I want the next morning. This has seemed to really help my hair stay moisturized.

If I don't mix enough oil with the cream it makes my hair revert. So I have to use more oil than cream each time. So far so good.

Lana

Back