what do you put on the end of your braids for braidouts?

Geminigirl

so that the ends arent straight. I tried wave rod rollers last time and all I have in the house are those and magnetic rollers..what else can I use?

I just twirl the ends around my finger and it curls up. I think that worlks best for natural hair though.

When I was relaxed I used the sponge/foam rollers.

so that the ends arent straight. I tried wave rod rollers last time and all I have in the house are those and magnetic rollers..what else can I use?

Try spritzing with a leave-in conditioner, a leave-in protectant, and then roll the ends. Make sure they're dry before you take them out.

Oh, if you use sponge rollers, make sure you use end papers. I heard somewhere that sometimes sponge rollers can break your hair off.

I use perm rods and wrap my ends in end papers before rolling on the rods. I don't braid the last 2-2.5 inches of my hair bc I like a true curl vs. curled crimps. I basically just roll the ends up...

The rods I have look exactly like the ones Macherieamour used in her braidout vids:yep::

My braidout with the curls I get from the rods are shown in pic below (click for larger)

ETA: I have found that for me, the diameter of the perm rod I use needs to match the diameter/thickness of the braids I have for the braidout. It just looks more natural that way...

Attachments

• 100_5339.JPG
    100_5339.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 27
I use perm rods and wrap my ends in end papers before rolling on the rods. I don't braid the last 2-2.5 inches of my hair bc I like a true curl vs. curled crimps. I basically just roll the ends up...

The rods I have look exactly like the ones Macherieamour used in her braidout vids:yep::

My braidout with the curls I get from the rods are shown in pic below (click for larger)

ETA: I have found that for me, the diameter of the perm rod I use needs to match the diameter/thickness of the braids I have for the braidout. It just looks more natural that way...

Too cute!!!! Are the majority of ya'll braiding wet hair, or dry hair, but spritzing the ends?

Too cute!!!! Are the majority of ya'll braiding wet hair, or dry hair, but spritzing the ends?

Whenever I do my braidouts I prefer to do them on wet hair and use a little Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade to get a good set. Oh I use perm rollers on the ends.

Back