What do you mix with Wen 613?

mshoneyfly

I ordered 613 for the first time during that awesome sale on QVC a few weeks ago. I used it once as a cowash then did a tea rinse with fenugreek, nettle and ginger root.

This caused protein overload. My hair was hard huge tangles all over. I tried dc'ing with a moisturizing conditioner and the GHE to bring moisture to no avail.

What saved my hair was saturating with VO5 Extra Body and an hour long detangle session. What do you mix with your Wen 613? Anyone mix with VO5 ? What about honey or anything else moisturizing?

Last edited:
I use it by itself or with a cheap conditioner like Aussie moist or suave just to make the Wen stretch.

Good question. I use my 613 as a cleanser and conditioner. I mix 613 with Silk Dreams Vanilla Conditioner. I go under steamer for a good 45 minutes then rinse.

Nothing. I've just started using it (Sunday will be my 4th time). It makes my hair super soft and detangled but the other day I was on the QVC forums about 613 and alot of women were saying it acts like a strong protein on their hair. I'm incredibly protein senstitive so I was quite surprised to read that but I guess everyone is different. I'm new to the board and new to the HHJ but maybe you can try mixing it with one of your favorite oils that has low protein content or maybe use it basically as a light protein treatment every now and then.

I use it by itself or with a cheap conditioner like Aussie moist or suave just to make the Wen stretch.

Toy
I know what you mean when it comes to stretching the product. I only have the 16 oz size of 613 and its such a quality product I dont want to waste it lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am anxious to know what others are using and that includes the regular Wen formulas.

I was thinking, since the VO5 Extra Body leaves my hair so divine I might mix with that. I am also thinking of honey to add more moisture.

By all means, keep the advice coming

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back