What do you guys think? Blowdried cut vs wet????

tc_333

What do you suppose is better to do when you're getting a slight cut? Is it better to cut it wet, or to cut it after being blowdried straight???????

I've decided that I want to cut my sides a couple of inches to just under the chin, and have it gradually meet the back of my hair which is just past shoulder length.

I'm thinking that if I ask the hairstylist to cut when dried, there's less likely a chance of her cutting off too much!
look.gif

smile.gif
My stylist cuts mine wet
ohwell.gif
, cuz supposedly you get a more precise cut on wet hair, but I do know that many AA stylists prefer to cut/trim dry hair, because that way you know exactly how much you're cutting off, whereas with wet hair, you have to factor in shrinkage.
smile.gif

I cut wet, theres more precision but if you dont trust the person, maybe you should cut dry. I just hate the sound of the scissors on dry hair
wallbash.gif

I'd rather get my hair trimmed/cut while it is blowdried straight, that way, I know exactly how much i am losing
laugh.gif
. When my hair is wet, it's longer than when it is dry. (thanks to a certain someone on this forum who pointed out my hair has elasticity
wink.gif
)
I noticed that whenever I was getting my layered cut (really short) my stylist did it on blowdried hair so she'd be able to see exactly how short it would b before she cut it.

Mine are usually done wet by the stylists. I've come to like this method too. Definitely more precision like lonei said.
smile.gif

I like the precision of a wet cut too, but it's always an unpleasant surprise when your hair dries and you realize that your "dusting" was a full-blown trim!!
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I'd rather get my hair trimmed/cut while it is blowdried straight, that way, I know exactly how much i am losing
laugh.gif
. When my hair is wet, it's longer than when it is dry. (thanks to a certain someone on this forum who pointed out my hair has elasticity
wink.gif
)
I noticed that whenever I was getting my layered cut (really short) my stylist did it on blowdried hair so she'd be able to see exactly how short it would b before she cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... I'm gonna have to agree w/CH. I once had my hair cut wet many moons ago when I got my very first perm and it came out well, but she just made a blunt cut all around. No layers or anything fancy so no margin for error. I would never have my hair cut/trimmed while wet now for the same reason CaramelHonee stated: I need to know exactly how much is coming off and it's much easier (my opinion) to go back and re-judge by the way it's laying, then re-cut if needed.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I like the precision of a wet cut too, but it's always an unpleasant surprise when your hair dries and you realize that your "dusting" was a full-blown trim!!
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... Oh, my!

If the person is new I do it dry. If I trust them I do it wet - I think the cut is sharper that way....
smile.gif

Re: What do you guys think? Blowdried cut vs wet????

My stylist cuts on dry hair...she's the first stylist I've had that doesn't cut hair when wet and I prefer it....not sure why, but I do.

I prefer (and request) dry cuts and trims....I can see the true length that way...instead of being surprised after it dries...and I don't like it...(like when it's cut while wet).

Thanks Ladies,

I guess that what I'm afraid of, the stylist cutting too much. I usually get a trim twice a year, and the last time she cut it it looked exactly the length it was when she cut it 6 months prior!
blush.gif

So, I will request that she cut it after blowdrying my hair; thanks so much for the replies!!!
cool.gif

T

Back