What do you do with your rosewater??

You can mix it with whatever you want to scent. I use orange blossom water mixed with aloe and glycerin. I just spray it in. It moisturizes and lightly scents my hair. Bump~ for more ideas!

I used to buy bottles of rosewater from the Indian stores.

I used it as a toner on my face. The only reason I stopped is because I ran out and never made it back to the store for another bottle.

I also use to mix it with and oil and spray it in my hair as a moisturizer or braid spray.

My family sometimes cooks with rosewater.

Mine is mixed with glycerin and I use it as my daily hair moisturizer and seal with coconut oil.

I purchased it from Wholefoods

So is it just used for scent?
From what I know that's about it. I don't know of it being a growth aid or softener. Now rosemary essential oil has therapuetic qualities, maybe you were thinking of that. I think it helps with shedding and aids in hair growth. It's a shame, I use the stuff in oils and forget what it does, but rose water is pretty much just water from roses. It's used to scent and flavor foods.

I used to buy bottles of rosewater from the Indian stores.

I used it as a toner on my face. The only reason I stopped is because I ran out and never made it back to the store for another bottle.

I also use to mix it with and oil and spray it in my hair as a moisturizer or braid spray.

My family sometimes cooks with rosewater.

Wow, I didn't know you could cook with it, too! Interesting...

Thanks, Birdie..I too have bottles of it, picked up all kinds of things at the Indian store months ago-now products galore which I need to use up.

Girl, I know the feeling! :lachen:

Mine is mixed with glycerin and I use it as my daily hair moisturizer and seal with coconut oil.

I purchased it from Wholefoods

I've seen the kinds that have come premixed with glycerin and rosewater - that's actually what I used to have and I used it on my really dry "waitress" hands. It worked great!

From what I know that's about it. I don't know of it being a growth aid or softener. Now rosemary essential oil has therapuetic qualities, maybe you were thinking of that. I think it helps with shedding and aids in hair growth. It's a shame, I use the stuff in oils and forget what it does, but rose water is pretty much just water from roses. It's used to scent and flavor foods.

Yeah, I know about rosemary. :grin: I guess I was just wondering about rose water because I remebered reading something about it being used on the hair. I know about it being mixed with glycerin. I'm just wondering if there are any other recipes? Mixing it with aloe was a good add, girlie! Thanks for that. :yep:

I have a rosewater glycerin and aloe vera juice mixture that I spray on my hair for moisture. I get all of my ingredients from Whole Foods. I love it!

I used to make a moisturizing spray by mixing it with glycerin too. I've also seen rosewater glycerin mix at the pharmacy. Its OT, but I use it to flavour cake icing. It has a wonderful delicate flavor kinda like almond :yep:

I bought my rose water from the Vitamin Shoppe for $6. It is in a spray bottle.

Uses:

- Leave In Conditioner (Moisture) before wet bunning w/ AVG

- Facial Toner after washing and before moisturizing

- Body Spritzer After Showers, Airplanes (cabin air is dry and will dehydrate skin)

- Re-Wetting 2nd Day Hair

Keeps skin and hair very soft, and smells very nice. I always figured I could use it as a substitute to my Evian Water Mist.

Back