What Do You Do with Your Hair at Night?

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Now that my hair is getting longer, I have no clue what to do with it at night. I cannot wrap my hair for the life of me and I hate sleeping with anything on my hair. TIA!

Because I'm doing protective styles right now. I keep mine in a pony/bun, so I just wrap a scarf around my head. When I wrapped it, I would put two or three curlers in the crown for volume, then wrap the rest of the hair around them. If you just can't sleep with anything on your head at all, you probably need a satin pillowcase.

Not much. I sometimes braid it in two braids and sometimes just one braid. I sleep on a satin pillowcase but I don't wear a cap or a scarf. I haven't had any breakage from doing this.

camellia said:
Not much. I sometimes braid it in two braids and sometimes just one braid. I sleep on a satin pillowcase but I don't wear a cap or a scarf. I haven't had any breakage from doing this.

same here (plus a bun).

I wear a silk or satin scarf to bed, covered with a silk bonnet and sleep on a silk pillowcase (in case everything slides off! :lol: ).

msshic said:
I moisturize my hair, extra on the ends sleep w/ a satin bonnet.

With the bonnet, are you placing your hair in a particular fashion or do you just leave it out?

When I wear my hair straight, I wrap it and put on a silk scarf. When I wear curly styles and rollersets, I pin curl it and wear a satin bonnet.

I french braid it, curl the end under with a Solar curler and sometimes tie a scarf around it. If I don't feel like pinning I just sleep on it as-is. I have a silk pillowcase.

After putting on my oils and s-curl (mostly on muh kitchen area) I make two princess leia buns, secute them with satin scrunchies, and cover with a silk scarf. I sleep on a satin pillow case because I'm a wild sleeper. I forgot to add that they're off to the sides (sorta behind my ear because even though I primarily sleep on my back, I like to sleep on my sides from time to time. When you take out the buns in the am, your hair is wavy with a loose curl on the end.

lonei said:
With the bonnet, are you placing your hair in a particular fashion or do you just leave it out?

Hi Lonei,

When I'm using S-Curl I place a plastic cap over the ends w/ an ouchless band on top of the bag, then put the satin cap over my entire head. If I'm using my ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer I do the "mohawk rollerset" and put the satin cap over it. HTH

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
After putting on my oils and s-curl (mostly on muh kitchen area) I make two princess leia buns, secute them with satin scrunchies, and cover with a silk scarf. I sleep on a satin pillow case because I'm a wild sleeper. I forgot to add that they're off to the sides (sorta behind my ear because even though I primarily sleep on my back, I like to sleep on my sides from time to time. When you take out the buns in the am, your hair is wavy with a loose curl on the end.

Wow. That sounds like a great idea for when my hair grows out a little more.

Last edited:
I wear a satin scarf and sometimes a satin bonnet (depending on the hairstyle) and I also sleep on all satin covered pillows....of course, if I'm sleeping with SO, I don't wear anything. I still have my satin pillowcases though so, it wouldn't be so bad 'cept he tends to sleep on my hair. :( My hair really gets pissed off about that. (I need to stop tryna be cute at bedtime when SO is around)

lonei said:

I cant do the ponytail thing so I leave mine out. When I wake up the back is usually curled under so I comb down the top and Im good to go :lol: Im so lazy.

Sometimes I tie it up and sometimes I do nothing. I have tried throwing on a baggy to retain moisture but it makes my hair limp. Which doesn't work unless I am wearing a puff, pull back or twist.

I leave hair down, tie with satin scarf with back hanging out. Swoop hanging part up a little and place satin bonnet halfway on head

I moisturize, put in a french twist or bun, and zonk out on my satin pillowcase. Most mornings I can just smooth a little leave in and I'm good to go:lol:

Back