What do you do when...

isawstars

Your hair is radiant and moisturized but your scalp feels dry and itchy?

I washed my hair two days ago and applied rose water to my scalp... and WGO the day after... I drink at least 3 tall glasses of water daily and take Nourish hair and Women's Ultra multi vitamins consistently.

My scalp is driving me crazy but my hair looks great! What's the deal?

Last edited:
u could just have a dry scalp, nothing to do with ur hair....i have a very very oily scalp and I have to sacrifice the loveliness of a cute style to wash my hair often

First, I believe 3 tall glasses of water daily isn't enough and that depends, of course, how many ounces each glass holds. I've learned that we must drink at least 1/2 our weight in ounces of water daily. Water moisturizes our hair and skin from the inside out.

Flaxseed oil is excellent for our scalps (hair, skin and body too) so they won't be dry by taking 1 tablespoon each day in our food. Some of the ladies here (including me sometimes) eat the flaxseeds ground or take capsules. :yep:

I had this problem just last week. I clarified with clarifying shampoo and put tea tree oil on my scalp while my hair was damp. That solved the problem for me.

Could it be the Wild Growth Oil? When I first started using it, it made my scalp itch like crazy. I seem to be getting used to it the more often I use it. I just used it on my daughter's natural hair last week and she's been scratching her scalp like crazy too but no dandruff.

I had an itchy scalp for ages after I began my hair journey and was even washing almost every other day at one point.

Well, I stopped airdrying my hair and began rollersetting it and drying it under the coolest setting (less than 20 on my Pibbs Kwik Dri) and the itching went way down. Last week I did not airdry this way and the itching was something fierce. It's almost as if the bonnet dryer seals in the products but airdrying lets the products dry onto my scalp. Does this make sense? I dont know what it is but this is the only thing that has helped. And my hair has felt silkier and more moisturized since I've been doing it this way.

I've had that problem and figured out through trial and error that my hair doesn't need shampoo for every wash. I added CO washes to my regimen and that problem cleared up for me. I do still use shampoo, sometimes.

Back