What do you do when a wash doesn't come out as expected

gymfreak336

I washed my hair last night because it need to be clarified and even though I was trying to wait till today, I ended up having more time yesterday. So I wash and condition for almost an hour and my hair felt GREAT!!!!! I lost very little hair and it felt really smooth. So I proceeded to rollerset but I decided to try airdrying. Well nealy 3 hours later I took out some of the curls that had dried and they looked nice. Well I waited another 3 hours for the rest to dry and thats when things went wrong. I used my moisutrizer as normal and I flat ironed just a couple of peices but my doesn't look or feel good at all. Should I just try to stick it out for a couple of days and wash again or co-wash tonight and rollerset and dry with heat??

kind of the same thing happened to me this weekend as well . I had made a post about it , but it was that i clarified 2x then pooed w/ a moisturizing poo , then dc and my rollerset only came out cute on top ( because I didnt feel like sitting under the dryer anymore). So i took the back out and blowdried a little bit and then bumped the ends and my hair was poofy. But for the past couple of days ive been moisturizing and doing a crosswrap and it has layed down alot, as if I flat ironed it or something. I would stick it out for a couple of days if I were you, just so your hair wont be too dry after washing again.

mzhotniz86 said:
kind of the same thing happened to me this weekend as well . I had made a post about it , but it was that i clarified 2x then pooed w/ a moisturizing poo , then dc and my rollerset only came out cute on top ( because I didnt feel like sitting under the dryer anymore). So i took the back out and blowdried a little bit and then bumped the ends and my hair was poofy. But for the past couple of days ive been moisturizing and doing a crosswrap and it has layed down alot, as if I flat ironed it or something. I would stick it out for a couple of days if I were you, just so your hair wont be too dry after washing again.

Thanks for your advice. I might just clipit up and call it a day.

btdt (been there done that).

if my hair looks "funny", i'll deal with it - pony, bun, etc.

if my hair feels "funny", i rewash and recondition. feeling means a bit more to me than the look.

hth

LocksOfLuV said:
I usually dook it out.:ohwell:

Can't be fly all the time *head down.*:lol:
Lol, same here. I try to stick it out for at least a week. I don't want to put my hair through the shampoo process any sooner than that.

LocksOfLuV said:
I usually dook it out.:ohwell:

Can't be fly all the time *head down.*:lol:
Lol, same here. I try to stick it out for at least a week. I don't want to put my hair through the shampoo process any sooner than that. I'm usually mad that whole week though, lol.

Back