What do you add to conditioners to give more slip?

Neith

I've decided I like Miss Keys 10 en 1 conditioner MORE than my beloved AO Honeysuckle Rose!

The 10 en 1 leaves my hair very moisturized with "heavy" defined curls. The curls are actually a bit looser than normal with this conditioner.

The honeysuckle rose is a GREAT conditioner, but it doesn't leave my hair looking as good or behaving as well as it does with the 10 en 1.

The only thing is that the HSR goes into my hair like BUTTAH. It makes detangling really easy. The 10 en 1 isn't as good for slip.

I added 4 tablespoons of jojoba oil to the jar. Is there anything else besides oils that give conditioners slip?

I have been wondering about this too. I've thought about adding some of my mane n tail detangler to my condish. Does this sound crazy? Be honest...:rolleyes:

Maybe Olive Oil or Castor Oil? Or maybe Silk Amino Acids?

That Miss Keys 10 en 1 leaves my hair a tangled matted mess. I can't imagine anything helping that stuff out. :lachen:

MY ORS needs nothing. Gosh, Im so happy to be able to say that.

Last winter I used to add coconut oil to Kenra for more slip.

the black castor oil does add slip. but for some reason, i only like it when i need a perm. when i just get a perm it seems like its so hard to wash out.

I have been wondering about this too. I've thought about adding some of my mane n tail detangler to my condish. Does this sound crazy? Be honest...:rolleyes:

:scratchch Doesn't sound crazy to me!

Maybe Olive Oil or Castor Oil? Or maybe Silk Amino Acids?

That Miss Keys 10 en 1 leaves my hair a tangled matted mess. I can't imagine anything helping that stuff out. :lachen:

My hair loves the stuff!

I do have some SAA around (I use it for my eyelashes)

It really helps with slip? I didn't know that!

I add Black Castor oil to my Deep Conditioners on every wash and lately veggie glycerin.

I have castor oil (I use it for my skin :up:), but I'm a little scared to use it because my hair tends not to like too much of a very heavy oil... responds much better to jojoba.

The glycerin is a good idea. Just thinking about the consistency of it... seems like it could give some slip! Thanks for the suggestion!

MY ORS needs nothing. Gosh, Im so happy to be able to say that.

Last winter I used to add coconut oil to Kenra for more slip.

lol, I've never not mixed my conditioners with SOMETHING. At least a little shot of oil, I'm addicted to mixing :lol:

Back