What do yall use for shine/sheen?

I have found that my hair has shine when it's properly moisturized and moisture/protein balanced. If I need a little extra bling, I reach for evco, hemp seed oil, alfaparf semi di lino serum or morracan oil gold glimmer shine spray. It depends on the style I'm wearing that determines which I use.

Keracare Silken seal is light so it won't weigh hair down but it gives sheen. I don't use it to moisturize and seal. After I M&S and style my hair, I spray this around my head to give it extra shine. And when your hair is down, it still has swang to it because this isn't a heavy product.

Optimum oil therapy shine booster gave me the best shine I ever had but Cantu super shine is a heat protector so I switched

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Keracare Silken seal is light so it won't weigh hair down but it gives sheen. I don't use it to moisturize and seal. After I M&S and style my hair, I spray this around my head to give it extra shine. And when your hair is down, it still has swang to it because this isn't a heavy product.

lovebug10
That's what I'm looking for! I'll have to check it out.

Once I started using WGO in my reggie my hair has a great shine:yep:

Nix08
How do you use the WGO?

@itismehmmkay I steam it in, layered over top of my conditioner (that's how I started) ...I'm hardcore now though and in addition to steaming I have an oil blend that's mainly WGO that I oil rinse with...if you haven't tried oil rinsing you really should:yep:

Last edited:
itismehmmkay if thats what you're looking for then I highly recommend the silken seal. it can be pricey but it usually lasts me a while. I prefer it over regular oil sheen because i don't like using aerosol cans. If aerosol cans are bad for the ozone layer then I'm sure they're bad for my lungs too especially since I have breathing issues.

On finished styles, I just rub about two drops of Jojoba oil in my palms and spread it over my hair and rub it into the tips. Works great at giving my hair a healthy sheen.

As far as products when I wash, I think Silicon Mix gives me a lot of sleekness/smoothness and shine.

itismehmmkay said:
Any shine serums? Sheen sprays? Coconut oil would give me a lil shine, but I want something else.

Proclaim glossing polish with olive oil

My mom bought it and I just been using it when I have my hair down. It smells soooo good. Its definitely just a polish not a moisturizer or anything it's very light and you can feel it sitting on your hands after you apply it but I like it a lot it leaves my hair shiny

lovebug10 they're not actually CFCs (the chrmical that breaks down the ozone layer) is completely non-toxic. So much so the inventor of it inhaled the gases in front of an audience to prove it.
I'm not sure about the rest of the ingredients but the ozine-depleting ones? Nope.

(sorry had a Chemistry exam on this!)

lovebug10 they're not actually CFCs (the chrmical that breaks down the ozone layer) is completely non-toxic. So much so the inventor of it inhaled the gases in front of an audience to prove it.
I'm not sure about the rest of the ingredients but the ozine-depleting ones? Nope.

(sorry had a Chemistry exam on this!)

TheNDofUO thats good to know! Thanks for sharing! I may pick up some of Isoplus sheen then! :grin:

I need a new shine spray. Everything seems to weigh my hair down or dry it out. Has anyone found something that doesn't have cones

-Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
-Oyin Juices & Berries Pomade

These are fantastic products that give the most shine without cones. :yep:

- VS STYLE BRILLIANT & GLOSSY SHINE MIST
- VS SMOOTH & GLOSSY SHINE SERUM
- TIGI Bed Head Some Like It Hot heat & humidity resistant serum

The last one is what I've beed using since mid-May when the temp rose to 95+. The humidity and sun has gotten crazy down here! It smells awesome too. :3

Back