What do they do? Is it designed to

diamondlady

make you dependent? I went to the beauty salon last Friday and my hair was banging. When I do my hair, it looks good but when a stylist does it, it's gorgeous. There is so much body. I've tried to do wraps, doobies, flatiron and I can tell the products she uses by the smell. I use them also but it just doesn't come out the same.
What is that extra thing the stylist does? I don't want to become dependent on stylist, but I'm really loving how my hair is when they do it.
I'm wondering if I can continue to retain growth going to the salon every week. She deep conditions but her detangling bothers me. Does anyone go to the salon every week?

Their secret for blowdrying is high heat and their secret for rollersetting is good tension. Plus factor in that they're standing above your head which makes easier manuerving.

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
make you dependent? I went to the beauty salon last Friday and my hair was banging. When I do my hair, it looks good but when a stylist does it, it's gorgeous. There is so much body. I've tried to do wraps, doobies, flatiron and I can tell the products she uses by the smell. I use them also but it just doesn't come out the same.
What is that extra thing the stylist does? I don't want to become dependent on stylist, but I'm really loving how my hair is when they do it.
I'm wondering if I can continue to retain growth going to the salon every week. She deep conditions but her detangling bothers me. Does anyone go to the salon every week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am becoming a stylist now. No we DO NOT try to make out clients dependant but our clients are our livihood so giving good service is a must because maintaining a client base is important. There are some people that have a knack for doing hair and I don't see them as much but for those who love the treat and or can't do their own hair, I see them often which is OK by me and them.

Why try to take money away from someone's profession? No one said stop flying once they stop giving out snacks.
ohwell.gif

For some reason I can do other peoples hair AND makeup better than I can my own...lol. I have the SAME problem, when I get mine done it looks like the box of a perm and I can NEVER get it to look that nice no matter the products or technique. I can get it to look ok but not great.

I agree that the high heat is part of it.

have u tried a ceramic iron? the good ones get very hot and with practice u can get comparable salon results...

one trick I learned for more shine and body is after roller setting or flat ironing your hair, wrap it and then wrap your head with saran wrap and sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes. Its magical! makes a huge difference in the look u get...

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon said:
Their secret for blowdrying is high heat and their secret for rollersetting is good tension. Plus factor in that their standing above your head which makes easier manuerving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup its really hard to maneuver your own head. I wish I could unsnap my head and put it on a manequin
laugh.gif

Back