What do I do now?...I threw out all of my Petroleum Hair Oils

You can get it for $15 and you only need a little bit - even on the thickest hair. I use mine on my body and my hair and that jar lasts me for like 2 months. :grin:

I saw it for $22.00 online. Where do you buy yours?
I'm very heavy handed with the hair stuff. :yep:

My friend uses the Aubrey Organics B 5 hair gel (she's natural) and her hair always feels really soft. I believe it gives more of a light hold. JASON also makes an aloe vera gel that's pretty natural and gives a light hold.
I will first try experimenting with the Giovanni. If I don't like it, I may try the Aubrey B5 hair gel.
I love and use their other products so I will keep it in mind. :yep:

This is it

NOURISH & SHINE: Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, pear and grapefruit essential oils.

so what do you think?....

Sounds delightful and I bet it smells good too, but I already ordered a mess of butters online yesterday. I could not wait. :ohwell: I'll have to figure out which one to use first.
But I will definitely try and keep this one in mind...or perhaps try and duplicate this one above.
Thanks.

From my niece. All you do is sign up as her preferred customer, which only means you receive email notifications of specials (which you can opt out of) and you get it and everything else for 25-30% off retail price!

I'll PM you her link.
I ordered butters yesterday...will give them a try first. Thanks.

My suggestion is why stop using what is working? What works for you may not work for some and visa versa. Mineral oil and petro is not necessarily the the devil so I wouldn't throw away something that has always worked, for something else that I only heard about. But it's cool to try something new but why trash what worked?

tis all .... Hope it works out, good luck.:yep:

So true..I am no longer feeling bad about using what works for my hair. It's so easy to get caught up into different movements. You gotta listen to your hair. If other suggestions work-cool. If they don't-keep moving:yep:

I think I may like the shea butter idea. I used shea butter a few years ago before I learned how to do twists and loved the outcome. It gave my hair a nice wavy texture. I think I'll have to order now because I can't find the natural stuff where I live.
I have castor oil and use it ocassionally, but not for twists.

Jane Carter nourish and shine is pretty much shea butter with oils added (fyi). But if you can save money the alternative way, why not.

My Honey Child- Honey Hair Creme is great! Its an all natural product that is specifically made for 4 a b c hair. I use it for my bantu knots and the results are phenominal. They have samples of the products. Give it a try!

My Honey Child- Honey Hair Creme is great! Its an all natural product that is specifically made for 4 a b c hair. I use it for my bantu knots and the results are phenominal. They have samples of the products. Give it a try!

I've tried doing those bantu knots a few times and my hair turns out a "hot" mess. Is there a trick to it or something?

Back