What do I do after I condition my hair?

leigh.hill

I am a newbie, my second thread...here's my question. I was a PJ WAAAYYY before joining this forum so it is nice to be around people who are like me. I like my pre-poo treatment, shampoo (KeraCare has a sulfate free shampoo :yep:) and conditioners, but I don't know what to do next. I co-wash about 4 times a week after I exercise. On Sundays, I shampoo and dc. After I co-wash or shampoo/dc what the heck do I do with this stuff?

Moisturizers (I think):
ORS Carrot Oil
Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment
Carol's Daugther Some Marguerite's Magic (not too thrilled with product but maybe using it wrong)

Oils:
Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil (again not too thrilled)
Coconut Oil
Hot 6 Oil

Serums:
NTM Healing Serum
Generic Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum

Heat Protect:
Chi Silk Infusion (Have not used yet but got small bottle from Marshalls for 5.99)
Nexxus Heat Protexx

My only leave-in condition is NTM Silk Touch. I just bought Aphogee 2 Step Treatment yesterday, but I was reading on previous threads that I need to buy the moisture treatment too and maybe mix it with coconut oil.

I'd just use one water based moisturizer (usually have water as the first ingredient) you're happy with then seal that with and oil (or combination of oils). To be honest, leave-in and moisturizer are the same thing. Semantics really.

Serums and heat protectants - maybe just use when you're using heat on your hair. I think some people also use serums to seal instead of an oil.

As for my regimen, after DCing I use Roux Porosity as a final rinse for one minute. Afterwards I proceed with Chi Keratin Mist, leave-ins and oils then style. :yep:

You've got a lot of options to choose from with your products. I am a PJ too so I understand! :grin:

I would pick one moisturizer as a leave-in then seal with an oil or serum (if using heat) and do that combo for a week. Then next week try a different combo to see what products go well together. You could change with each co-wash but that may get confusing.

I've found some products compliment each other and seem to improve the overall effect on my hair. May want to keep a little note pad near your supplies to record what combos were hits and which were misses. HHJ

Ahhh a fellow PJ! I will try not to buy any more products and work with what I have (yeah right). Okay that makes since now - serum last if using heat.

Back