What couldve went wrong?-rollerset

laurend085

I did a ponytail rollerset tonight it started off good..I had 4 ponytails two rollers each the roots were laying down when I went under the dryer. When I got up it was still laying down. I took down the ponytails and rollers and fingercombed the curls. I then began to wrap it and that's when it just puffed up. I then tried to do a silk wrap to make it lay down again. What couldve happened?

I don't have pictures and I didn't use that much product

..Just about. I couldn't stand being under there any longer my hair takes forever to dry. The back two may have been just a little damp but I sat under the dryer again

The same thing just happened to me with my ponytail rollerset. :nono:

Everything was all smooth and silky when the rollers came down, but it started to puff up when I wrapped it, and by the time I undid the wrap, it was all puffy and frizzy. I don't have a dryer...I just airdried, but the results looked great until I took down the ponytails.

In my experience with roller sets, if it is now completely dry and your try to manipulate the hair - frizz...just happened to me today.

Ponytail rollersets don't flatten my roots. Are you trying to avoid heat or can you flat iron to smooth it out?

I really don't want to use a flat iron. And it really won't look any better because my nape is shorter because of a short cut I had. I can't even pull it into one ponytail right now....I was wanting to do a two strand twist out and after watching a yt video I tried but my hands just can't grab the hair to make even one flat twist:ohwell:

I've never tried to set my hair like that, but when I rollerset the regular way if it is not 100% dry it will get frizzy. If it feels cool to the touch when you come out of the dryer, it is still wet and will get frizzy.

Rollersets have to be completely dry for the smoothest results. I imagine it takes longer for a ponytail rollerset to dry because less scalp is exposed and the sections are larger.

If you can't take the heat for too long and you're not in a hurry to go somewhere, maybe you could sit under the dryer for 45 minutes to an hour, air dry for a few hours, and finish up under the dryer again for 30 minutes or so.

OP, like the other ladies suggested, it sounds like your hair was not completely dry. Can you roll it back up or pinn curl it so it can finish drying?

I did a regular rollerset today. I'm a natural and my roots were not completely straight. For tonight, I put my hair in 4 ponytails, pinned curled, and put on my scarf to see if that will make the roots lay flatter. It seems like it's working but I'll know better in the morning. I'll try to remember to check back in tomorrow and let you know how it turned out.

Back