What Cellophanes are Folks using Now?

LittleLuxe

I usually do pretty good with the search engine and researching topics but hair dye in general is the one thing on this board is that overwhelms me :spinning:.

So! What brand of Cellophanes are folks using these days and how do you use it? I think maybe if I was pointed in a general direction I could figure it out from there (maybe :look: ) also I've heard some people use it during their relaxer because it works better? Could someone please explain that?

Thanks a bunch!

I would like an answer to this as well. I recently stocked up on some Sebastian laminates on sale (2, and they should last a while), but they are getting harder to find, as well as more and more expensive.

As far as a relaxer, I do, do it on relaxer day. Didn't know it was better to do it though, I just remembered when I went to the salons they would put the rinses in on relaxer day, so I just followed suit.

I use so many different cellophanes, although I used to just use sebastian laminates. however, since theyre pricey I've ventured out to other brands and I think there are others on the same level as sebastian but cheaper. My favorites are:

Alter Ego ego color semipermanent
Alter Ego direct color & shine
Aveda madder root conditioner (it's a color depositing shampoo but the color REALLY sticks!)
And, I like colorshowers, but I feel like they fade pretty quickly or sometimes stains my hands when I'm styling my hair.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

I have some Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes I'm willing to part with.

10.1 fl oz Tubes

- Hot Red (Brand New) $25 + $5 for shipping
- Red Red (2/3 left) $16 + $5 for shipping
- Clear (2/3 left) $16 + $5 for shipping

Buy all for $60 which includes shipping.

I've only used the Red Red and Clear once.

My hair is too dark for cellophanes.

I use so many different cellophanes, although I used to just use sebastian laminates. however, since theyre pricey I've ventured out to other brands and I think there are others on the same level as sebastian but cheaper. My favorites are:

Alter Ego ego color semipermanent
Alter Ego direct color & shine
Aveda madder root conditioner (it's a color depositing shampoo but the color REALLY sticks!)
And, I like colorshowers, but I feel like they fade pretty quickly or sometimes stains my hands when I'm styling my hair.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST

How did you like the bolded? Just bought some but am hesitant to use, I used ColorShowers faithfully previously.

I still have color showers but I haven't used them in awhile:) The few times I did use it my hair had a lot of bling which is saying something because my hair has more sheen than anything:) HTH

I use Sebastian Laminates. I have tried a Dominican cellophane (forgot the name) but the color didn't last nearly as long as Sebastian.

I think salons do cellophanes on relaxer days because your hair is able to fully absorb the color better.

The Dominican cellophane was by Stoken Gold and vegetable based.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Back