What Carol's Daughter Products do you Love/Hate?

chayil0427

I was wondering what CD products do you ladies love or hate.

I tried SOMM and I didn't like it ... was too heavy and too difficult to wash out.

Yet, I'm thinking someday I might try the HHB, the Hair Elixir, the Hair Balm, or the Hair Milk.

So what products from CD do you love/hate?

Chayil

Oh - I would really like to know. If they ever have it back in stock, I'd like to try the Khoret Amen line - seems divine.

I read in the archives that shipping is slow - what has your experience been buying from them or do you purchase from Spehora?

As far as hair products, I hate everything but the Tui Leave-In and Hair Oil. However, I do like a couple of the body fragrances.

My son loves their hair oil. He puts it in his hair when he wants to look good. :lol: I love using the Ocean line.

newflowers said:
Oh - I would really like to know. If they ever have it back in stock, I'd like to try the Khoret Amen line - seems divine.

I read in the archives that shipping is slow - what has your experience been buying from them or do you purchase from Spehora?

I bought mine through the website without any problems. Came neatly packaged in a timely manner.

Chayil

cocopuff said:
As far as hair products, I hate everything but the Tui Leave-In and Hair Oil. However, I do like a couple of the body fragrances.

I like the Hair Balm and the Hair Elixir is good.

chayil0427 said:
I bought mine through the website without any problems. Came neatly packaged in a timely manner.

Chayil

The experience I had with their customer service was horrible! Now I just go to Sephora.

I am a CD fan!! i love the hair milk because it is light and very moisturizing. I think the trick to CD products is that you really only need a little bit. I use a quarter-size amount in my palm and spread evenly throughout my hair once or twice daily and it doesn't weight it down at all. I used to use it heavily and I was a horrible, gloopy, droopy-haired mess.

I also LOVE the Healthy hair butter. It is VERY thick but also very moisturizing. I don't use it on dry hair--to heavy. I use it on my wet hair after towel-drying. Then I let it air dry and my hair comes out nice and moist (cause I slather that stuff all ova my big ol head!!)

I also seal with the tui hair oil because it smells great. The same goes for this that applied to the Hair milk, very small amount. Like I use a dime siz amount for the whole head. (Keep in mind my hair is short).

That's all i really like of her products. Kizzy smells good, doesn't do much.
That vanilla leave in stuff made my hair stiff and tangled and dry:nono:

I truly and sincerely LOVE :love: the leave-in conditioners. As I've been figuring out which are my staple products, I've come to the conclusion that all I need are 100% African Shea butter, Olive Cream from Qhemet Biologics, and the Tui Leave-in Conditioner (or the Khoret Amin) and I am totally good to go!

I tried the hair milk and, while I didn't really like it for myself, I know that it's been good to others.

The healthy hair butter is very moisturizing. I was surprised at how moist my hair was! But the scent is very strong so I don't use it much.

I bought some Tui something or other conditioner or treatment ( ok, I really don't know exactly what I bought :lachen: ) and it sucked big time!

*Bre~Bre* said:
I bought some Tui something or other conditioner or treatment ( ok, I really don't know exactly what I bought :lachen: ) and it sucked big time!

:lachen: lmao at you !

I tried the khoret deep conditioner...first time it moisterized fine...but the last time it didn't seem to...as for detangling, none of that. Probably if you melt it down, since it's mostly oil it will prob give MEGA slip then...but, to expensive for me...I need slip, conveniently, now the body line, :eek: to die for .

So far I bought the healthy hair butter and mimosa hair honey. I like them both. ITA that you only use a little. I am absolutely dying to try the loc butter for twists. I used a little on my hair from the sample in the store and loved the hold. My hair loves to unravel. I would love to try the hair balm too.

locoabouthair said:
I heart the mimosa hair honey!!!!!!!!!!and it smells very very good.

I also use the jamaican punch scrub.
Really? BC HHH did nothing but lay on my hair. But that HHB... oh yeah...:love:

I used to use Lisa's Hair Elixir religiously. I liked it. This was way before LHCF, and it was pretty much the only product I used on my hair daily - it's a mix of oils, but I had no idea it wasn't "moisturizing". No wonder I had breakage!:perplexed

I prefer the body products to the hair care line.

ITA: Mimosa Hair Honey smells sooo good! and it is so thick, one jar will last you like two years.

I use Hair Balm on my ends when I wear it back in a bun or occasionally for my braidouts. I like the smell, my BF can't stand it, it smells like incense or something. But I find it moisturizing and provides great shine.
HTH :)

I really want to try her Ecstasy and Ocean body products.

Does anyone see a difference in their products since joining with Sephora?? I always admired their products from a far and wanted to try them but now its mainstream and I heard there are parabens in them now. Has this changed the products???

I think the products may be a lil different because "ALL NATURAL" products wouldn't have any kind of shelf life and would lose a lot of money with them. But overall still LUV em

I loved Mimosa Hair Honey when I had it. I havent restocked since I ran out b/c I just use castor oil for everything now.

I want to try the Hair Milk over the summer for wash n' gos.

I bought HHB and Hair Honey from Sephora and they were paraben free. This was about a month after they first started carrying the products. I am not sure if they have changed the formula since then. I hope not :ohwell:

I love the following products from CD:

Healthy Hair Butter (I put this on before combing down my wrap)
Tui Hair Oil (use all the time, wet or dry hair - great fragrance)
Tui Hair Smoothie (great DC)
Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner (smells SO good - use on wet and dry)
Tui Leave-in Conditioner (use on wet and dry hair)
Lisa's Hair Elixir (use before I wet wrap or roller set with Hair Balm)
Hair Balm (see Elixir)

I don't care for any of the shampoos because they are hard to lather and leave your hair hard after rinsing; however, that's what happens with a lot of natural shampoos.

The face and fragrance products are very nice, too!

HTH! :D

I've only tried one hair product, the Healthy Hair Butter. I love it and it's become one of my staples. When I ordered directly from the website, the shipping wasn't slow at all. My package arrived quite quickly as a matter of fact. I'm interested in trying some of Carol's Daughter's skin care products just to see what they're like.

Love healthy hair butter, rosemary mint poo, khoret amen poo and oil.
Hate- kizzi pomade (didn't do much for the price), curl wax works just as good.

Back