What can I do with my puffy hair?

Brinasia

Ladies, Help!!!!

When I blow out my hair it starts off looking good, but a couple of hours later its a puffy mess with no curls...I look a mess. This is what I use: I use the NTM leave in ... then I use Frizz Ease Hair Serum. Then Garnier Fructis hair serum. I then bow dry...then I flat iron and use a little of the serum on each section....I dont blow out too often, about once a month, but when I do it I want it to look awesome. What am I doing wrong?

I have 4b relaxed hair and I've found that while flat ironing add a touch of Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade to the ends and the top of hair near the scalp then glide it down with your fingertips then go over it w the flatiron. This keeps the sweat and moisture whipped off the hair and saturating giving you the frizzies/puffiness. Use it sparingly though, it has the tendency to kill the SWING of your hair if you use more than necessary. For me it seems to keep reversion/frizzies a bay for a longer while. Also see if you can grab a bottle of Mizani HRM (humidity resistant mist) spray. I've heard it works for some. But it's very hard to find,but worth the effort if need to try something that addresses this type of problem. Hope this helps...

Let us know how it goes. :D

I have a feeling your hair is just like mine, humidity was ponytail day for me. Does your hair stay relatively straight when washing? Or does it look like a curly perm? If it's the latter, your hair may just HATE to be straight like mine did. I hope you find what works for you.

If the recommended products don't work, try to keep your hair curly. Sometimes if you leave it wavy or curly the humidity won't fight it as much.

Good luck.

Back