What can I do with my Jojoba and Rosemary?

pmichael52172

The site always stalls when I try to search so here's my post:

I am back using Jojoba oil for the winter. I use it after applying my leav-in conditioner to seal and then wet set or wrap. My hair is loving the moisture.

I have a bottle of rosemary oil (forgot what I bought it for) but I want to use it with my Jojoba. Now am I suppose to apply it on the scalp? I usually don't oil my scalp so can I combine it with jojoba for my strands or no? Maybe I could use it for scalp massages.

Thanks for any tips/help.

I think it would be great for scalp massages. Do you have any areas in your hair that are thinner or not growing as fast in some areas. I would say focus on placing it in the scalp in those areas to help with growth.

Many of us on the site use rosemary for thinning edges, weak spots, etc. I mix my rosemary with jojoba, peppermint and shikakai. I place it in a small tube with a roller and rub in on my scalp in areas I have trouble with thin or slow growth.

No trouble spots in particular but I could stand to have thicker temple hair.

I was hoping to use it for overall hair growth.

So you're saying after I wash, set/ dry dab it around with a carrier oil for a scalp massage?

If your rosemary oil is the pure essential oil, remember that it must be diluted with a carrier such as your jojoba. You can find online guidelines for mixing, so you don't irritate your scalp( I can't remember off hand). You can add it /use as prepoo on scalp, addition to deep conditioners, scalp oil, etc. Also, it is good not to use rosemary on your scalp a week before a relaxer, to avoid irritation and burning. HTH

Hey girlie, :wave:

You'll only need to mix a few drops of the rosemary oil with the jojoba oil. Remember a few years back when I was using Rosemary Hair Oil by Weleda? I used it as a hair oil. The smell was kind of loud, so I stopped. The ingredients are:
almond oil, clover blossoms extract, burdock root extract, lavender oil, rosemary oil. Here's a pic:
we-1016.gif

Hey girlie, :wave:

You'll only need to mix a few drops of the rosemary oil with the jojoba oil. Remember a few years back when I was using Rosemary Hair Oil by Weleda? I used it as a hair oil. The smell was kind of loud, so I stopped. The ingredients are: almond oil, clover blossoms extract, burdock root extract, lavender oil, rosemary oil. Here's a pic:
we-1016.gif

That kind is great, its not as strong and potent at the one by NOW. But it does stimulate the scalp.

I really like the one by Mountainroseherbs; it has a very mild aroma. It's infused in olive oil with a pince of vitamin e. I put it on my scalp about 3 times a week, and rosemary oil is great for dandruff. It's supposed to be one of the best oils for hair growth, too. :)

Rosemary works great to stimulate hair growth- mix 10 drops in with a tablespoon of jojoba and rub your temples twice daily. You'll see a difference in 4-6 weeks.

Evazhair: Thanks for the heads up on the pre-relaxing because I sure would have done it! Didn't know that.

Allandra: (Hey ladybug!): I was wondering what my ratio should be, so thanks for that. I hope mine isn't loud when I do it.

stargazer613: Hair growth is exactly what I'm going for... especially since I've stopped and recovered from last year's winter breakage.

nappity4b: Thanks for the temple tips. That's where I will concentrate on most but plan to do all over scalp messages too.

Thanks ladies!!!!

Back