what can i do to get the moisture back after an intense protein treatment

longhairluva

My hair has been shedding badly the past month so last night I whipped up a egg/mayo protein treatment. It stopped the shedding but my hair is always "rough" after a hard core treatment. I deep conditioned afterwards and put some mango butter on it this morning. It is still a little rough though. Any suggestions on some good moisturizers I can use for the next couple of days to get ths softness back?

ORS Olive Oil Cream
Conditioner and Water Spritz
Conditioner, glycerin, water spritz

maybe do an overnight baggie session

The best thing I've used after too much protein (or a tough treatment) is Aphogee Moisture Balance. It really puts the moisture back into your hair.
BB Growth Oil or Moisturizer (the one without mineral oil)
Keracare Humecto is great
Seal it with an oil (Wonder 8 spray oil is great)
Profectiv Break Free Moisturizer

You really don't want to have breakage from lack of moisture so do your best to moisturize immediately. Mango butter does not work for me.

I always use MIss Keyes 10 en 1 after a protein treatment. It leaves my hair real soft..however it does have a bit of protein in it

Tresemme Remoisturize, it's a quickie DC but perhaps you can process under heat with it for a while. I use it after everytime I use my Crom Emergencia and Silicon mixture which has been every week. Both have protein and moisturizing properties but I apply the Tresemme Remoisturize for that reinforcement. My hair has come out soft & silky everytime and over time I can tell my overall elasticity is better.

What did you DC with in the first place?

Also like I told you on the other board, your hair sounds like it has symptoms of needing to be clarified to me.

LocksOfLuV said:
What did you DC with in the first place?

Also like I told you on the other board, your hair sounds like it has symptoms of needing to be clarified to me.

I dc'ed with keracare humecto/vitaki oil. I clarified too. My hair always gets like this when I do a hardcore protein treatment.

Maybe you should try conditioning overnight. I did this on Saturday. I applied my DC (just a bunch of random cons: MNT, ORSRC, DPR, etc.) and I mixed coconut oil, honey and olive oil. I slept overnight with a plastic cap and I left it on for a few hours after I woke up. My hair was sooo soft and moisturized afterword even though it was a poo day. It felt like I had cowashed. You could maximize the results with a hot steaming towel or just simply tying a scarf over your cap (basically a whole head baggie). I hope this helps, I too dealt with extreme dryness after my touch up over a month ago, but cowashing is what initially turned my hair around. Also DCing on dry hair has helped as well. This was my first time using coconut milk, but I think that it is a keeper. I used it to combat some dryness after my airdrying mishap last week.

im with everyone else on this one....overnight moisturize would seem like the best thing to do.

in my regime after a deep protein treatment I overnight moisturize with jojoba oil, a little honey and Joico Moisture Recovery Balm...works like a charm:D

I have the same problem. I use everything under the sink. Biolage balm, Kenra MC, cholestrol treatment. NOTHING works!

It was only by accident that I put a heavy protein treatment (that avocado egg treatment) in my hair.

The mango butter might work better if you wet your hair first. I find that my moisturizers and leave-ins won't work unless my hair is damp. Other than that, they just comply on top of my head.

I always follow my deep protein with a mositurizing conditoner and sit under the dryer for 15 min. It doesn't matter what brand of conditoner I use because the heat seems to let it sink right into my hair. Are you using heat with the conditoner?

Back