what can i do now

YummyC

I had my touch up this weekend,, and I need some suggestions on deep conditioning and protein. Since she did a corrector relaxer on most of my hair, what should I do to moisturize/protein and how soon? TIA

Personally I like to do a protein treatment 4 days after after a relaxer. I use Emergencee then moist conditner to follow. Below is what I do post relaxer to help strenthen my hair and keep it healthy.

What works for me is light protein once a week. I like Aubrey's GPB or
Nexxus Keraphix...then once a month I do a more heavy protein treatment/reconstrucor like Emergencee (followed by moist cond).

I wash my hair at least twice a week so I do a moist treatment the other wash day. There are so many moist conditioners but I like KeraCare Humecto (with heat cap 15 min at least) others are Mizani Moisturfuze (15 min with heat cap), NTM Hair Mask (usually use this one post protein treatment in the shower)

I like doing CW's also for moisture, so I may put Aubrey's Camilia moist conditioner on my hair for 15 mins then rinse and then style.

Daily moist treaments are impt as well. My hair can get really dry especially in the sun. I like NTM Leave in on dry hair, Elasta QP Mango butter also.

HTH

Candycane044 said:
I hate to sound stupid but what is a corrector relaxer? it seems like somethin I may need to do.
You correct the under processed parts of your relaxed hair. If your roots didn't get straight enough, they some what re-relax those sections.

Last edited:
Hmm I'm very curious about this... I'm sure you have to be very careful.. what are the precautions and stuff. hehe i feel like such an idiot. Thanks for the info.

Candycane044 said:
Hmm I'm very curious about this... I'm sure you have to be very careful.. what are the precautions and stuff. hehe i feel like such an idiot. Thanks for the info.
Yes, you have to be careful not to Overprocess. This is something that should not be done all the time. You don't want your hair to become brittle, and damanged so, use CAUTION if you're considering a corrective!

Back