What are your Henna Nightmares!!

Kinky4Agirl

I have just discovered henna'ing and I would like to know if any of you have ever had a bad experience with it. Why will you never henna again and what did it do to your hair? Please share any and all issues.

Hi! My curl pattern became reduced,but it did strengthen my strands..Just don't like limb hair...Mulitiple uses of Amla/brahmi powder's,brought my curl pattern back....

*It did enhance my natural hair color..Really pretty..

I still use products that contain cassia (natural henna) no color release,great results..I mix it with hibiscus powder..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
my henna nightmare .... wanting to do a henna and not having any in stock.

I love henna ... aint never done me wrong
I usually just mix the henna with warm water and apple cider vinegar to allow the colour to release

then add a squirt or 2 of conditioner and oil before applying to my hair

Hi! My curl pattern became reduced,but it did strengthen my strands..Just don't like limb hair...Mulitiple uses of Amla/brahmi powder's,brought my curl pattern back....

*It did enhance my natural hair color..Really pretty..

I still use products that contain cassia (natural henna) no color release,great results..I mix it with hibiscus powder..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita What products do you use that contain cassia? I've been eyeing one by Siamese Twists but that's the only one I know of.

I was using a henna shampoo bar and it was pretty good. I also have a henna moisturizer that i love.

It's just rinsing the henna out and cleaning the bathroom...and having the henna in your hair all those hours lol. Other than that, it's great!

I have henna in my head right now :lachen: I love the fact after I wash my hair I have no breakage. The only thing I would say make sure you do a DC afterwards.

So I guess henna is ok then.. no other replies!

Kinky4Agirl Hi! Henna isn't bad..Gave me nice strong healthy hair,just didn't like my curl pattern being reduced...

*I still have some in my closet...You can always add Amla powder to your mix..I use to do this & my hair was super full/strong..Very good results..Sometimes,I didn't want to do that..lol..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita What products do you use that contain cassia? I've been eyeing one by Siamese Twists but that's the only one I know of.

I was using a henna shampoo bar and it was pretty good. I also have a henna moisturizer that i love.

Pokahontas Hi! Simease Twist is very good,thick,but good...Hennasooq has cassia,you can make into a tea rinse..Very good..

*Simese Twist has fast shipping & she answers questions..

Happy Hair Growing!

Pink hair on my grays! HENNA FAIL

I think I left it in too long. I got really rich burgundy color on the grays before. It also left my hair dry.

Pokahontas Hi! Simease Twist is very good,thick,but good...Hennasooq has cassia,you can make into a tea rinse..Very good..

*Simese Twist has fast shipping & she answers questions..

Happy Hair Growing!

Thanks. Oh yea I forgot about hennasooq, I saw some stuff there I wanted just waiting for a sale. I've never thought of a cassia tea rinse....interesting! I gotta try that!

It's just rinsing the henna out and cleaning the bathroom...and having the henna in your hair all those hours lol. Other than that, it's great!
:yep: I need a dedicated henna day because I really like to leave in for a minimum of 3 hours and it can be a bit messy... but I really believe, for me, henna has been instrumental to my hair growth due to making my hair stronger which = less breakage
I have henna in my head right now :lachen: I love the fact after I wash my hair I have no breakage. The only thing I would say make sure you do a DC afterwards.
very moisturizing conditioner

The worst Henna experience I've had is keeping my Indigo powder in my henna bag so the label rubbed off, now I don't know which is which and ended up henna'ing twice.

But you can't forget It's a lot of mess and a lot of time wasted, it doesn't wash out easily and you use a lot of water, conditioner, time and energy getting it off.

And you have to organise yourself around getting it in to begin with. It can be messy, it can stain hands, towels and anything it touches. And if you haven't done it before bed then you have to find a few hours where you don't mind having it in. It does take some pre-planning.

Otherwise, following the right instructions... henna covers my greys and strengthens my hair beautifully.

I have visible greys at the moment and henna mixed in the bathroom. But I wouldn't have time to wash out in the morning, so I have to pass until another day.

Last edited:
I got the most excruciating migraine you could ever imagine which lasted for 7 days. It was actually caused by the indigo that I applied immediately after to achieve a deep black color, coz I don't really like the henna color. I will just use plain cassia next time.

Back