What are you using for your twistout?

Belle Du Jour

Naturals, help me out! I do a twistout on most days. I finally figured out that to get a great twist out, you untwist slowly, and carefully, each twist one by one, and DON'T run you hands through them!

Anyhoo, it looks great for a while, until the humidity gets to it. Don't care as much about the shrinkage as keeping the coil definition. The only products that I use to twist are s-curl and my carrot creme.

I would like to get 2-3 days out of one twist out. So I guess I need to use some holding product. Any suggestions? Gel? Oil? Ms Portugal used curly pudding and her twistout was flawless, so maybe I'll order that.

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks.

I think it depends on hair type and density. I used Curly Buttercreme for one of my twist outs and the results were flat and heavy. No volume at all. I get great results using alcohol-free gel and a little setting lotion.

Timely thread. I'm doing my very first twist/twist out (or braid out) this weekend. I'm going to try some Abazze natural loc/twist butter and see how that works. If it doesn't, I'm going to try Shea butter and Fantasia aloe vera gel next. Next I'll try no products at all (which I should try from the start, but no, too much of a PJ). ;)

I have used these products with very good results:

Asha's Mane Attraction and Sunkissed mixed together

Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade

Myhoneychild Buttery Soy Creme

Akiva Naturals Secret Potion and Hair Cream

Like others have said, everyone is different; what works for me might not work for you. My hair is thick 3c/4a and is natural. Good luck!

Back