what are you using for protein nowadays?

Joico Kpak
ORS Replenishing Pack
ORS Hair mayonnaise.
Motions CPR

I really can't take too much protein at all since I am natural, so I just use some in my usual bi-monthly DC. I also can't do the Heavy Dose of protein like others can.

Last edited:
Im currently using Aubrey GPB and Henna ( I know technically Henna isnt protein but it helps build your hair strands)

I use aphogee two step every six to eight weeks.

I also use Hairveda moisturePro which is a light protein.

I've been using Chicoro's mix with Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment as my Reconstructor in the mix. My hair looooves this stuff. My fine strands get mushy with too much moisture. Still trying to figure out my moisture/protein balance, though.

Im using Aphogee 2-min Keratin Reconstructor mainly, but alternating with Nexxus PhytoOrganics Babassu Mud Revitalizing Hair Treatment and ORS Replenishing Pak.

I currently have in my Stash:

Claudie's Protein & Claudie's Reconstructor
Nexxus Emergencee & Nexxus Keraphix
Affirm 5n1 & Affirm Sustenance
Joico K-Pak
SSI Okra Fortifying & SSI Okra
Hairveda's Methi Set
Cathy Howse UBH
MyHoneyChild Honey & Horsetail Reconstructor
Redken Deep Fuel, CAT & Redken Extreme
Tigi Dumb Blonde
Sebastian Penetraitt
Jasmine Bath & Beauty's Restructurizing Hair Mask
Silk Dreams Mocha Silk
Curl Junkie Repair Me & Curl Junkie *something else*
L'anza Reconstructor

**no more than 2 of these in rotation*

And I always forget Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein DC'er. I don't know why because it is very good:lick::lick::lick:

I just whip up an egg with some EVOO and let that sit under a cap for an hour, or however long I feel like doing it. I used to use Aphogee but was kind of over the smell and the mess.

I've been using Chicoro's mix with Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Treatment as my Reconstructor in the mix. My hair looooves this stuff. My fine strands get mushy with too much moisture. Still trying to figure out my moisture/protein balance, though.

I use the chicoro mix as well. Could you share what is your mix and the ratio? Thks

havilland

I have a bottle too. It's Great. :grin:

I've put mine in a Spritz Bottle and spritz my previously relaxed ends before my T/U.

When I 1st got it (early in my HHJ), I was adding it to moisturizing DC'ers (as a balancer-I hate mixing stuff:ohwell:), so now I just use it on previously relaxed ends.

@Fine4s

Please share what you know.

When I personally use the term Protein, I'm using Reconstructor & Protein interchangeably. Nexxus is a Polymedic Reconstructor.

I think what I've learned about a Reconstructor, it has the ability to actually go deeper than a basic Protein Rx because of it's molecular make up and actually fill in gaps/holes/binds to the hair etc....

However, when I say protein, in some instances, it could actually be a reconstructor.

So what else do you know?

Back