What are you relaxed heads using for wash n go's?

e$h

I tried the search engine and, well you know the outcome....

Anywho, with the weather hot as all hell these days, I've been thinking about cw'ing in the morning while I shower but I don't want to put it in a ponytail. I just want it to hang loose.
So realxed ladies, what are we using for wash n go's?
Thanks in advance!:D

My hair is relaxed, but it curls up when it's wet. So, I don't have a problem with defining my curls. I usually mixed a cheap conditioner with a lil evoo. Sometimes I add a dab of BTZ noodlehead. :)

I have had success mixing Infusium or some other water based leave in with Elasta QP Feels like Silk. I can remember a long time ago using Sebastion Potion 9 alone and it define my waves/curls nicely.

Something else that works, but you really have to do it sparingly is using a cheapie conditioner ( vo5, suave, etc) and combing a bit of through and leaving it in. I say use it sparingly b/c it can really coat your hair.

Also, try scrunching with a towel instead of your hands, the curls set better.

Im texlaxed, but I shampoo or cowash then I use homemade curl pudding (check the recipe section) and/or john frieda dream curls, to scrunch and some carefree curl (the one in the spray bottle) on top so it wont dry crunchy. A friend passed this spray stuff on to me called wave by design that I like a lot too. I have to clarify every week or two or I get product build up.

yesterday me and my sweetie went to the beach and my wash n go swelled up and turned into Mufasa from the lion king. Other than that is usually holds up pretty good...my only complaint is it only looks good for one day...sometimes if Im lazy I can stretch it for 2 or 3 by rewetting a little and applying more product but its not cute at all. So I have to allow time in the morning so I dont leave with soaking wet hair and its at least semi-damp.

klb120475 said:
My hair is relaxed, but it curls up when it's wet. So, I don't have a problem with defining my curls. I usually mixed a cheap conditioner with a lil evoo. Sometimes I add a dab of BTZ noodlehead. :)

I've heard Pokahontas rave about this product but never thought about purchasing it because I'm relaxed. Maybe I will give it a shot and see what happens.

Thanks!

sunnydaze said:
I have had success mixing Infusium or some other water based leave in with Elasta QP Feels like Silk. I can remember a long time ago using Sebastion Potion 9 alone and it define my waves/curls nicely.

Something else that works, but you really have to do it sparingly is using a cheapie conditioner ( vo5, suave, etc) and combing a bit of through and leaving it in. I say use it sparingly b/c it can really coat your hair.

Also, try scrunching with a towel instead of your hands, the curls set better.

I think that's key. That way my hair won't be sopping wet either. I just might try this tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Leslie_C said:
Im texlaxed, but I shampoo or cowash then I use homemade curl pudding (check the recipe section) and/or john frieda dream curls, to scrunch and some carefree curl (the one in the spray bottle) on top so it wont dry crunchy. A friend passed this spray stuff on to me called wave by design that I like a lot too. I have to clarify every week or two or I get product build up.

yesterday me and my sweetie went to the beach and my wash n go swelled up and turned into Mufasa from the lion king. Other than that is usually holds up pretty good...my only complaint is it only looks good for one day...sometimes if Im lazy I can stretch it for 2 or 3 by rewetting a little and applying more product but its not cute at all. So I have to allow time in the morning so I dont leave with soaking wet hair and its at least semi-damp.

You think maybe s curl will work just as good? Aren't they sorta like the same thing?:look:

e$h said:
You think maybe s curl will work just as good? Aren't they sorta like the same thing?:look:

S curl should be fine, its about the same I just like carefree curl bc its not quite as thick/sticky. By the way, do you henna your hair? The color is really nice!

i use a cheap conditioner to cw like vo5 or suave. i leave a tiny bit in so there's slip to my hair. then i squeeze dry w/ a towel and use a bit of mousse on the ends OR sebastians laminates WET.
I NEVER scrunch w/ a towel, only my hands. Towel Scrunching = Frizz for me.

Leslie_C said:
S curl should be fine, its about the same I just like carefree curl bc its not quite as thick/sticky. By the way, do you henna your hair? The color is really nice!

Yes I've henna'd in the past (few months ago) but I haven't in a while. Thanks!

Whimsy said:
i use a cheap conditioner to cw like vo5 or suave. i leave a tiny bit in so there's slip to my hair. then i squeeze dry w/ a towel and use a bit of mousse on the ends OR sebastians laminates WET.
I NEVER scrunch w/ a towel, only my hands. Towel Scrunching = Frizz for me.

Me too..... I don't use a towel at all. I use pantene hydrating curls as a leave beacause it makes my hair quite soft to touch. If I want hold i'll use some gel/curl cream.

Well, right out of the shower, I'll apply Fantasia IC gel all over and scrunch. As it dries, I'll put some lacio, lacio (dime size). I'm 3c relaxed and when I do this people think I have naturally curly hair. No sticky, greasy feel either. Hope I could help.

Back