What are the best shampoo & conditioners for thin, fine hair?

The Savvy Sistah

I need some help with my thin , fine hair.

I need to know what I can do to give it the appearance of fuller hair. (Shampoo, conditioners, oils etc.)

Also what's the best way to wrap hair for volume? I've heard of people just putting their hair up in a roller on the top and wrapping the rest to get a fuller look. (I want to flat iron my hair more often to get rid of these knots and tangles)

I know genetics plays an important part in my hair texture, but I know there is a way to achieve what I'm looking for.

Have you considered trying Nexxus Botanoil Botanical Shampoo. I read most of the reviews and they were pretty good.

Please try shampoo's and conditioner's by Nioxin.:grin: Nioxin is a system that was designed to make the hair thicker and fuller over time. You can go to nioxin.com and formulate your own personal regimen by specifying your hair type. For example, it will allow you to input whether you have fine, thin, relaxed, color treated hair, etc.

I don't have a product suggestion. My mom has fine hair and when I do her hair, I always deep condition, then shampoo. I do not use a conditioner afterwards. Instead I just use a liquid (or diluted) leave-in conditioner. HTH

PS: You may also like some products which contain collagen (comes from the marrow of cows/pigs).

Anything that has volumizing properties to it, like Joico Body Luxe or Paul Mitchell Extra Body.

Also, ever since my stylist started doing the rollers in the crown with the wet wrap on the base, my hair has had so much body and volume, that I have to wrap it when I get home to deflate it a bit, lol. She does use a flat iron after the set has dried, btw.

Oh, and any leave-ins or finishing products that are light in consistency are good for fine, thin hair. Spray leave-ins rather than creams or gels, heat sprays or mousses instead of serums, etc. I do like to use serums, but I just use as little as possible.

And I try not to add any product to the hair afterwards (like moisturizers) until I'm done with the style (maybe 2-3 days later) b/c the product will weigh my hair down, and it'll lose that body and bounce.

HTH :)

I have read that you have to be really careful using volumizing products on fine hair like ours. They have ingredients that coat the hair to give it the appearance of thickness and volume. Those same ingredients can dry out the hair and eventually break it. I use Elucence poo and con and they work very well for me. I have to agree with Anky on the marrow treatment. Lamaur Bone Marrow treatment from Sally's is excellent.

Back