What are the BEST frizz control products?

Leslie_C

when I wear my hair out lately Ive been wearing braid outs and bantu sets/pin curls a lot. The only style that never frizzes is when Ive had it flat ironed at the salon and it will hold up for several days then. I live in central FL and its very humid here. What are some products I could try to prevent and tame my frizzies? Its getting to where I actually prefer buns,etc bc at least it dont have to deal with poufy frizzy hair! I guess that could be good in some ways!

some products I already have that help, but not enough:
IC hair polisher
Straight Request hair polish
NTM serum
Loreal smooth intense serum
Aveda brilliant hair spray

today I had a rollerset from last night, and used some IC polish and a little aveda spritz. It has good ingredients in it,but I still use it sparingly. It frizzed a little but not much.

I have suffered from frizziness this summer as well.

Upon reading up on the subject of frizzy hair and its causes, it is due to insufficient moisture in the hair. So, I suggest that you make sure you are moisturizing your hair sufficiently. This includes using a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I then follow with a leave-in conditioner. When I finish drying my hair, I use the Proclaim Spray On Glossifier, which may be purchased at Sally Beauty Supply. Not only does this product give a nice shine to the hair, it moisturizes very well.

I have also discovered that I am not able to load my hair up with too many different products. So, I shampoo, deep conditio, i.e. apply moisturizing conditioner, put on a plastic cap, and sit under the hood dryer for approximately 30 minutes, rinse out conditioner,and add some leave-in. When my hair is damp, I add oils to the ends. When my hair is dry, I use the Proclaim Spray On Glossifier.

I hope some of the aforementioned is helpful to you.

northernbelle

at walmart i came across a new line from garnier fructis called sleek and shine...its supposed to be for dry, frizzy or unmanageable hair....i bought the conditioner and i'll let you know how it does...

one thing that minimized frizz for me already is the keracare jojoba oil moisturizer...i dont know what it is about that stuff, but it calms my hair like a sweet lullabye!
~T~

I saw a commercial for the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine line. I was wondering about this line. The next time I go to Wal-Mart, I'll have to read the bottles.

yeah I saw those commercials too, may have to check that line out...Its probably comparable to pantenes smooth and sleek though.

From what I can gather, products that have lots of silicones minimizes frizzies because the silicone coats the hair cuticles and prevents moisture from entering the hair's inner core, where the moisture or humidity causes the hair to "swell" and look frizzy. I think any leave-in serum/product/glosser with 'cones will provide frizz control.

However, I avoid cones because the very thing that helps with frizzies (coating the cuticle and preventing moisture from entering) also causes dryness because no way to properly keep hair moisturized -- once the cuticle is coated with the 'cones pretty much nothing else and get in there, even regular shampoos don't remove the "coating" and conditioners cannot enter the hair's inner core; thus, hair must be "clarified" with very strong detergents in order to dissolve the coating and allow moisturzers and condioning to enter the hair inner core. At least that's my understanding.

heres the ingreidients, since i got the conditioner...

water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, amodimethiCONE, apple fruit extract, fragrance, cetyl esters, lauryl peg/ppg-18/18 methiCONE, methylparaben, avocado oil, miacinamide, pyridoxine hc1, trideceth-12, citric acid, apricot kernel oil, sugar cane extract, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, cetrimonium chloride, lemon peel extract, camella sinesis leaf extract....

it claims to...

give smoothness, manageability and long lasting frizz control to curly or straight hair. it improves texture for all hair types and add softness without weighing down hair...

we shall see!!!
~T~

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner last week. For me, it didn't work well. However, I was due for a relaxer...so, that may have something to do with it. Also, I am not too crazy about the smell. I smelled it at the store and was not impressed, but decided to try it anyway. I could deal with the smell if it did what it says. I wish I wouldn't have left it at Wal-Mart
ohwell.gif
!

When I lived in SC, it was Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum and the Relaxing Balm. Now that I'm in central Florida, nothing seems to work. I did flat iron my hair Monday morning and it didn't frizz up, even day two was good. I could have went a third day, but I decided to do a DC on dry hair. Anyway, I used Lacio Lacio as my leave-in and topped it off with the Paul Mitchell products. I airdryed my hair and then straightened as usual. It worked like a charm for me.

Back