WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING A STEAMER?

Mandy4610

Please excuse me, but what do you use the steamer for and what are the benefits?
I am thinking about buying, but that just b/c I am a PJ and I want to have everything I hear about:nono: ***bows head in shame***

TIA

I dunno but let me find out and I will find a way to do it ghetto, like standing in my bathroom with the shower running hot :lol:

One of the things steam does is to open up the pores and in the process detoxification of the scalp takes place. Some ladies have noted their the natural scalp oils have become noticeable.

I've only used my steamer 3 times, my hair feels softer and has actually held up pretty well this week...:lachen:

I was looking for the most expedient way to add deep moisture to my hair..something that a heating cap nor a dryer could deliver..IMO...so a steamer was the natural answer. In addition, I knew w/my pores open any beneficial ingredients I put on my hair and scalp would be absorbed deeper, adding healthy benefits on another level.

I do not own a flat iron nor a dryer so the steamer expense was neglible given those other appliances...:grin:

I'm sure other ladies will chime in w/the fantastic experiences I have read about on other threads.

I don't know if you're into FENG SHUI...
keeping clutter to a minimum...
you probably could get the same effects
from a pot and a towel...
check out this thread HERBAL STEAM FOR HAIR
less appliances in your home and you save money
by going this route...
I do my steams with plastic caps, and hot towels
under my PIBBS... it works well for me...
I swear by it...
the last thing I need is
another piece of equipment.

thank you ladies...one question..What is the difference between a steam treatment and a deep condition?

TIA

Back