What Are the Benefits Of Pre-Pooing??

lizjoseph

Another dumb question from me but..what are the benefits of pre-pooing? I do evertyhing else, DC with every shampoo, I do co- washes mid- week, I baggy my ends every night, I moisturize (making sure they don't contain petroleum or mineral oil) and I seal with oil (either some BT after it's already on my hands from applying to scalp or WGO); but I don't pre-poo. Am I missing out? If so, what's it's purpose? What do I get out of it? Thanks!!

Well I don't usually pre-poo consistently, but I did a CW last night with Vatika oil as a Pre-poo.Then added Ouidad Biotanical Boost Leave-in. My hair air dried in a scarf overnight and feels nice and feels very moisturized. I think by doing a CW instead of a shampoo some of the oil stayed in my hair adding to the moisturized feel.

For me pre pooing makes the washing process easier. My hair is less tangled after shampooing. My hair also feels softer and more moist and soft.

I pre poo because I lose less hair when I wash when I do it. when I don't pree poo I get hair all over my hands. i do mine on dry hair with some conditioner and/or oil for about an hour or maybe overnight.

locabouthair said:
I pre poo because I lose less hair when I wash when I do it. when I don't pree poo I get hair all over my hands. i do mine on dry hair with some conditioner and/or oil for about an hour or maybe overnight.

this is me right here, I put the conditioner on dry hair I use tresemme, it moisturizes really great and I barely loose hair:)

I agree with the other ladies. Prepooing makes my entire wash process easier. I have fewer tangles and knots and less breakage. I usually use amla oil, castor oil, honey, and V05 S&C mixed in a bowl and warmed. I slather it on my dry hair and put a baggie over it. I leave it in for 15-20 minutes then shampoo and DC.

Majority of the time my prepoo is my protein treatment. I use eggs, a reconstructor, and some oil. I let it sit for an hour or so then wash it out. My hair usually feels so strong and heavy from the treatment like the other ladies said I dont lose as much hair when I do this first.

Divine Inspiration said:
I agree with the other ladies. Prepooing makes my entire wash process easier. I have fewer tangles and knots and less breakage. I usually use amla oil, castor oil, honey, and V05 S&C mixed in a bowl and warmed. I slather it on my dry hair and put a baggie over it. I leave it in for 15-20 minutes then shampoo and DC.

ITA. Pre-pooing allows me to detangle my hair before washing and the additional conditioning benefits it provides are a plus!! I always use conditioner for my pre-poos.:D

bumping! for more benefits of prepooing with oils. i am having problems with knots. its from my shed hairs. i can pull the shed hair out to a certain point, then it will snap. the rest of the shed hair makes a knot on the other strands of my hair. then i have to pull it to the ends of my hair and that makes my ends snap off. =[

Prepooing with EVOO helps keep my hair hydrated and extra moist. I usually don't have to moisturize throughout the week when I do so. Infact, I prepooed this morning with EVOO for 1 hour, used a chelating shampoo, deep conditioned, and roller set. :drunk: I still can't keep my hands outta my hair. It is uber soft, moisturized, got that swang, and I can run my fingers through my hair with no tangles :yep:

My BF can't keep his hands out of my hair!

Back