What are the benefits of doing protein/moisturizing treatment separately??

Kiki82

I have been following Carolyn Gray's regime for some time now, and I just mixed protein and moisture treats together and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes... Is this process the correct way to do things or is it better to apply protein and leave it on for the recommended time THEN apply moisturizing treat....

Also wondering if anyone ever had any set backs adding protein and moisture treats together...

I hope I'm making sense.

Kiki82

I haven't been on here that long, but i've done the mix three times works just fine and saves me alot of time. I'm waiting for the experts to chime in on the long term effects.

I haven't been on here that long, but i've done the mix three times works just fine and saves me alot of time. I'm waiting for the experts to chime in on the long term effects.

I've never done them together and quite frankly I don’t think I will. I use protein as a separate treatment then follow with a moisture treatment to restore moisture. I think if the two are mixed neither will have the opportunity to work to their full potential. How did it work for you?

I've never done them together and quite frankly I don’t think I will. I use protein as a separate treatment then follow with a moisture treatment to restore moisture. I think if the two are mixed neither will have the opportunity to work to their full potential. How did it work for you?

You have posed a very good question, I just recently started using the pro/moist treatment combo and it works really well and saves alot of time. I'm interested in reading what the experts have to say about this. :look:Bumpity..bump

You have posed a very good question, I just recently started using the pro/moist treatment combo and it works really well and saves alot of time. I'm interested in reading what the experts have to say about this. :look:Bumpity..bump

Anytime I use a mayo or coco milk based DC I consider that a protein moisture combo. It works and saves time on doing seperate treatments. It's actually hard for me to make a moisture only concoction...there is usually protein (very small amounts)in alot of things I use for my hair.

I have been following Carolyn Gray's regime for some time now, and I just mixed protein and moisture treats together and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes... Is this process the correct way to do things or is it better to apply protein and leave it on for the recommended time THEN apply moisturizing treat....

Also wondering if anyone ever had any set backs adding protein and moisture treats together...

I hope I'm making sense.

Kiki82

I do mine in one step. I am too lazy to do any other way...*shrugs*

I have mixed them together, but I prefer them separate. I feel that the protein treatment can better repair the hair when applied alone, and the moisturizing conditioner always preforms better after a protein treatment.

My stylist prefers to mix Motions CPR with Motions Moisture Plus, because CPR dries my hair out when used alone. My hair is still in good condition.

My stylist prefers to mix Motions CPR with Motions Moisture Plus, because CPR dries my hair out when used alone. :wallbash: My hair is still in good condition.:rolleyes:

My stylist prefers to mix Motions CPR with Motions Moisture Plus, because CPR dries my hair out when used alone. :wallbash: My hair is still in good condition.:rolleyes:

I'm no expert, but that's the only way I do it. I have always mixed the two. When it comes down to it I believe that my hair needs more moisture than protein, but it always works for me and it saves time.

Back