what are some shampoo's without sls

atlantatiffany

what are some shampoo\'s without sls

i am running out of my lanza protien plus shampoo since they added sls and i really need to find a new one. if u do use a shampoo with sls and don't have any problems i would like to know about those also. thanks

Re: what are some shampoo\'s without sls

I use Aubrey J.A.Y shampoo, which has no SLS or ALS. Other shampoos that do not have SLS are Elasta Bodifying (there is another one by Elasta but I forget the name), Creme of Nature (I think the one for dry and damaged hair), and Elucence.

I got a Biotin Shampoo from the health food store, its really great, and doesnt have SLS.

Nature's Gate - you can find it at health stores like Hi-Health, Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.

I like the Nacidit Avocado poo too. My fave right now is Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn and Egg Shampoo. It cleanses but makes my hair feel moist, not coated and slippery like CON, but nice.

Hairlove, how are Nature's Gate Shampoos and Conditioners? I got a catalog from vitacost today and they sell Nature's Gate product for a cheap price, like $4 for a 16 oz.

Whats sls?? I hope I don't have a ton of products with it.

[ QUOTE ]
cece said:
Whats sls?? I hope I don't have a ton of products with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

I use Elasta QP's Cream Conditioning Shampoo and it does not have SLS and I think that their Shampoo for Relaxed hair does not have it either.

ricamorena03,

I've only used the Nature's Gate Chamomile and Lemon Verbana shampoo. And it is VERY gentle. It also smells nice.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo has no SLS...

[/ QUOTE ]

where do y'all buy this ? ? ? i've been calling around to local sally's stores and other bss', but to no avail.
whyme.gif

DEEPLYROOTED
I buy the Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo at my BSS.
I dont think my local Sally's carry it either.

It is hard to find. I found it after searching through several BSS. But I think what you can do is just call Elasta Qp and tell them you are having a hard time finding it. They may give you a sample, or if not I think supergirl posted a number that you can order from them directly (as well as Kenra and Elucence).

Maybe you can try Carol's Daughter's shampoo. It's loaded with herbs,essential oils, and contains vegetable castile soap to form a lather,instead of sls.

Optimum Super Protecting Shampoo. It has SLS, but my hair feels very moisturized after using it.
smile.gif

sls is and ingrediant that is in most shampoos. for me i find that it strips my hair. for the longest i didn't know why my hair was so dry and i found out about sls on this board. once i found sls-free shampoos i noticed a big difference in my hair. my hair is softer and has more moisture. i don't think this happens with everyone, but it did with me.

Elasta Qp relaxed hair shampoo, elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo, elasta qp bodfiying shampoo

Back