What are some good heat protectants

Halimah

Ladies
Plz give me a list of names of good heat protectants you have had good results with. Also I seen the IC heat protectant is that a good one?

You can try Redken smooth down heat glide. I bought it a small bottle of it at Ulta so I could try it without having to spend a lot of money to see whether I liked it or not.

Do y'all trust buying CHI silk infusion off of Ebay? There are a couple good prices on it there and I was wondering if it was trustworthy.

Chi silk infusion is great! I got mine off ebay and It was fine. I just got some fantasia IC heat to use because my Chi silk ran out so we shall see how it goes.

FHI Hot Sauce. Redken Heat Glide is really good, too, but it breaks my face out in these little bumps... good thing I bought the tiny bottle to start with!

i LOVE Sabino Moisture Block (serum) and I alternate soetimes and use Chi Iron Guard (spray).

i like the Chi silk infusion's heat protection, but really don't like the cedarwood smell.

I've used the Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat in the past; it smells good but has nothing on the Chi or SBM

I have tried the Kenra Platinum Hot Spray and it made my hair crispy when i apply the flat-iron; i've also tried the Kenra Silkening Gloss which is more of a shine serum but the lady in Ulta said you could use it as a heat protectant too (it smells like a bag of Skittles).

Last edited:
I wish more people would respond to this. I just bought Fantasia IC Heat Protectant. I tried it for the first time today. It left my hair very soft and bouncy. I wasn't heavy but my hair wasn't as light as if I had just used Lacio Lacio.

FHI Hot Sauce. Redken Heat Glide is really good, too, but it breaks my face out in these little bumps... good thing I bought the tiny bottle to start with!

Co-signing on the hot sauce....this stuff is amazing! It is moisture based so your hair is both moisturized and protected. I love it!!!!

I like Mizhani thermal strengthening serum. I use it on my wet hair before rollersetting. It helps keep my hair detangled and makes my hair feel extra soft after it's dry.

nexxus heat protexx works with out weighing down but kinda hard to find

my cheapie fantasia ic pink bottle works too even though its like a oil it gives u that lil shine and doesnt weigh down that much depending on how much u use

Back