What are other ways to achieve this YT'ers hairstyle?!

myxdchiick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhlmQDOqAEQ

I mean not by not commiting to a weave, but still LOOK natural.
Reason being, I would like this style for prom (next month) and graduation (in JUNE) but I don't feel that I would be ready to maintain a weave due to senioritis..It wouldn't make sense to me to get a weave just to wear it for those TWO events.In time, I know I will take that step. *sigh* But if that is the only way, then I guess I have no choice.

the brand is milky way

i've read many reviews on here that this brand pretty much sucks and I don't want to buy costly hair especially IF it will be my first time wearing a weave. But I LOVE the way it looks! especially the colors!

She explained all the details about the hair in this video for those of
you that would like to know:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEhMPgpXIpQ

thanks in advance.

specified details would be very much appreciated. =]
I will ETA if I think of anything else...:look:

Last edited:
Never wore a wig in my life. Go try some on. I know some on here got realistic ones for pretty cheap.

But...that was a suggestion, yeah?

*goes to look at the video to see if I have any real suggestions*

It looks like a wig/weave curled with a big barrel curling iron, or big ceramic curlers.

So get a wig/weave, and curl it with a big barrel curling iron, or big ceramic curlers.

ITA try out a few different wigs. You get a wide variety of options, styles, and colors without the commitment! :yep:

Going in to a BSS and trying some on is a possibility. This way you get to see what looks good on you and what you like. When I started I stayed away from BIG hair because I wanted something more natural looking. If you like longer styles or short styles or you want a certain look, keep that in mind while looking at different wigs.

You should check out any local BSS. I like Freestress wigs because they're inexpensive and look good. Make sure you research some threads here because alot of folks had setbacks when they didn't know how to wear them or size them properly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It looks like a wig/weave curled with a big barrel curling iron, or big ceramic curlers.

So get a wig/weave, and curl it with a big barrel curling iron, or big ceramic curlers.

Yes. it's a weave. a beautiful one at that. I just might do that:yep: (@ the bolded). I've even seen some wigs last year that were already curled. If only I remembered where. Ceramic Curlers! Where!?:yep:

ITA try out a few different wigs. You get a wide variety of options, styles, and colors without the commitment! :yep:

Going in to a BSS and trying some on is a possibility. This way you get to see what looks good on you and what you like. When I started I stayed away from BIG hair because I wanted something more natural looking. If you like longer styles or short styles or you want a certain look, keep that in mind while looking at different wigs.

You should check out any local BSS. I like Freestress wigs because they're inexpensive and look good. Make sure you research some threads here because alot of folks had setbacks when they didn't know how to wear them or size them properly.

Hope this helps.

Thank you!:drunk: I've always had that worry that I see on TV where the wigs comes off if you go crazy.. Can this happen? Cause I don't want that to happen to me! If that's the case, I might as well go grab some milky way from the store..lol!

Yes. it's a weave. a beautiful one at that. I just might do that:yep: (@ the bolded). I've even seen some wigs last year that were already curled. If only I remembered where. Ceramic Curlers !Where!? :yep:
I seen chi and fhi @ target, you have walgreens, cvs and beauty supply stores.

I agree with the other ladies who suggested you may want to go to a local BSS and try on different wigs. I looked at her video and her hair looks nice, but glue is a major no no and you could risk damaging your hair – besides the style is simple enough to replicate with a wig.

I also would suggest you try bhm’s weave section starting with the 101 thread first: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=43239

I learned everything I know about weaves there and became a DIYer.

Btw OP I find this Youtube video HIGHLY disturbing. The girl is glueing tracks of weave to her hair. Yes her hair not her scalp not a sew in cap. Directly onto her bunned hair???

Why would you do that ? :perplexed

Btw OP I find this Youtube video HIGHLY disturbing. The girl is glueing tracks of weave to her hair. Yes her hair not her scalp not a sew in cap. Directly onto her bunned hair???

Why would you do that ? :perplexed

Finally! I was wondering when someone was gonna speak up about that..
With me being new to this I was about to start thinking that that was how you do it! but I had to rethink...I just don't understand.

If you dont want to wear a wig, then try making some clip in extensions. There are some threads about clip on extensions if you search. I've made some before took me awhile but it was fairly simple.

Back