What am I doing wrong? Advice please...

yokoyokogirl

I have 3-something natural hair.
Ok so for the past two weeks I have follwed this plan:

1. Wash with Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo
2. Condition with Joico Kpak and Olive Oil
3. Deep Cond. with Aveda Damage Remedy

4. I put Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique - Heat-Activated Reconstructor Milk on my hair.

5. Then I airdry about 60% and 20% blowdry.

6. Then I flat iron with a Maxiglide (my CHI died) and little ORS scalp oil mixed with Camellia oil.

7. Before I wrap my hair I add a little more Camellia oil to the ends.

My hair comes out looking nice, but too oily. And the ends still look dry. My flat iron is never silky smooth and light like a salon either.

I want healthy ends and a nice, flat silky smooth finish from a flat iron. (I hate volume!) So I'm doing something wrong but what? :perplexed

I'm 3b/3c. I never use oil when flatironing. I think water based heat protectants work better i.e. Elasta QP Thermal Silk in the spray bottle.

IMHO, I would recommend skipping the ORS/Camelia oil since you already condition twice & use olive oil. I think that the oil applied to your dry hair is what is making your hair a little oily & heavy.

Try flat ironing your dried hair with Sabino Moisture Block instead...That stuff is ridiculous. It has kept my ends supersmooth & my 3a/4c hair light and silky until my next wash (2 weeks:rolleyes:) My hair definitely looked more like I went to a salon. Plus, it definitely protects from frizz...

Once your hair is dry, divide it into small sections and massage a little Sabino into each section & concentrate on the ends. Comb thru & flat iron.

When my ends started to feel a little dry during the week, I just rubbed in a little Nourish & Shine & my ends were good.

I'm gonna venture to say that it may be the maxiglide (although I'm sure they oil isn't helping either) :nono: I swear that maxiglide does something to the ends of the hair. Whether using the "teeth" or not, I always get the results you describe, even though I don't use oil. I really think the quality of the maxiglide isn't up to par with some of the other flat irons out there. :sad:

Ok I will try skipping the oils and I'm planning to purchase a FHI iron. I was thinking that it could be my Maxiglide. The folica site had some reviews were ppl complained about the Maxiglide and what it was doing to their hair...humm...dunno.

Thanks again ladies!

Back