what about pressing new growth before retouch

AnnDriena_

One of the problems I have with my new growth is parting it to get the relaxer through. I'm thinking of pressing it a day or two before my retouch. Have any of you ladies ever done that? Do you think it will work?

I have the same problem and it works nicely. I have recently been blowing out my roots before a touch up, but a flat iron is good too..

On my next touch up this is going to HAVE to be an option for me. My new growth is SOOOO thick, but when it's pressed with my ceramic it's under control and I believe I can go longer without a touch up by keeping my washes down to once a week from everyday and pressing once a week.

[ QUOTE ]
AnnDriena_ said:
One of the problems I have with my new growth is parting it to get the relaxer through. I'm thinking of pressing it a day or two before my retouch. Have any of you ladies ever done that? Do you think it will work?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I did that, my stylist wouldn't be able to tell where the newgrowth ends and the previously relaxed hair begins.

doesnt straightening the new growth make it hard to tell the difference between the two textures?

You don't have to press it bone straight but straight enough to see the difference and make it more manageable during the process. There's nothing worse that relaxing and having to try and seperate all the nrew growth as well as watching the clock.

I'm actually gonn do this before my next braiding session. Because no matter what size comb is used some hair still breaks as the braider is parting. Personally I would be scared to do it so close to relaxing. I would say do it a week before so some natural kink comes back and she can see the difference.

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
doesnt straightening the new growth make it hard to tell the difference between the two textures?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what I was about to say, how bout lightly blowing the roots out with a drier or something?

I can usually loosen up my newgrowth by apply a very small amount of moisturizer.

I saturate my scalp with motions nourish leave in the day before and its fine the next day, especially usig the end of the applicatore brush.

I saturate my scalp with motions nourish leave in the day before and its fine the next day, especially using the end of the applicator brush.

Back