Whale Sperm Conditioner

WHAT THE....Why whale sperm? What is the point of that?
And as for the instructions:
"How to use: Apply the conditioner over towel dry hair massaging for a few minutes. Rinse with plenty of water."
Plenty of water indeed, no one wants to end up like "There's something about Mary"
To answer the question, I guess it really is whale sperm.

Last edited:
This has to be a joke! I'm looking at it but I refuse to believe it. Please tell me this is a joke! :perplexed

I think it's oil from the sperm whale (esperma de ballena)- just a little lost in translation.

But still- everytime I think I've seen it all for hair growth, something else like this happens. LOL! I know some of you are already googling though...

I thought it was from the milky white substance that is found around its head, which is also called spermaceti. I don't think they actually collect whale sperm.

I think it has to be some kind of oil from the sperm whale or the spermaceti noted above. I cannot fathom why anyone would risk their life to collect actual whale sperm to make a hair product.

yea i totally agree with the above posters...............imagine having that for a job???????????????????????......but hey we are in a recession

Its a relief to hear its not actual whale sperm but jeez, talk about driving customers away...

I'm gonna try it. I plan to check Beauty of NY later today when I go out. I may pick up the Silicon Mix finally as well.

DH about choked when I told him that I am buying whale sperm for my hair.:lachen::lachen::lachen: I had to do a lot of explaining.:lachen: I guess he won't be using up that product like he does with others.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I use this stuff.

it is very heavy, I like creamy conditioners, and the smell is great.

Its a dominican product, my stylist used to use it. she used it on me ONCE and i was like WTF? but she promised everyone loved it. I dont really remember the results, my stylists always did a pretty good job - this was years ago. I think a couple ladies on the forum use this regularly, cuz i've seen it mentioned in other threads

They need to do something about the name. It doesn't particularly lend itself to attractive marketability.

I :love: this conditioner. It was one of the things I ordered for my foray into dominican products. I love it. Love it!!!

The reviews of it at roundbrushhair.com are all 5 star, too, and for good reason. Of course can't be loving that mineral oil, right? But I noticed that many of the dominican products have such ingredients; Silicon Mix has mineral oil also... oh yeah, that was another one of my dominican product purchases and I :heart2: it also!

I haven't tried my Lacio Lacio intensive conditioner (I was trying to buy the leave in but... oops) or my color showers in black but so far dominican products have one my heart.

And really, even if it is sperm (and from the smell of this product I would venture to guess it is, actually) would that really be so bad? I mean, we use placenta extract and all kinds of things on our heads. Goodness only knows what's in the aphogee 2 step treatment that makes it smell like it does. :lol:

The whale s. conditioner makes my hair like butter, btw.

I think it's oil from the sperm whale (esperma de ballena)- just a little lost in translation.

But still- everytime I think I've seen it all for hair growth, something else like this happens. LOL! I know some of you are already googling though...

"Esperma" means sperm...."aceite" is oil. This is definitely SPERM. It's a caribbean ingredient not geared towards the American mindset. It's marketability is fine.

i saw this in the BSS and walked out lol but they also have a rinse to this i said i was going to try

LOL
I just received mine today. I ordered it last week after reading Sheba's post in the BKT thread. I am new to hair care and still trying to find my staples...so please excuse my Product-junkyness lol.
I love the smell! I am due for a wash tomorrow, and I will use it for DC. I'll report back after

I picked up the whale sperm conditioner today, the Capilo version ($6.99 for 16 oz) and not the one with the whale on the package. I also bought Silicon Mix ($4.79 for 8 oz) and Nacidit Olive Oil conditioner ($3.99 for 8 ounces).

They all have a similar smell - like baby powder.

http://www.jainworld.com/society/jainfood/glossary.htm
Spermaceti, Cetyl Palmitate, Sperm oil: Waxy oil derived from the sperm whale's head or from dolphins. In many margarines. In skin creams, ointments, shampoos, candles, etc. Used in the leather industry. May become rancid and cause irritations. Alternatives: synthetic spermaceti, jojoba oil, and other vegetable emollients.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
This is on my next order to buy~ Can't wait to try it :yep: I love the snail slime *Baba De Caracol* so much I figure what the he!! why not try the Whale Sperm :lachen:

I've used this before. It's not as thick as I would like so I never ordered it again.

I'm not going to admit WHY I purchased it.....but let's just say....umm...nahhh..never mind! :look: :blush: :lol: On another note, I do like it's soft fragrance.

Now, I LOVE me some Baba de Caracol!! ^^

I've used this before. It's not as thick as I would like so I never ordered it again.

I'm not going to admit WHY I purchased it.....but let's just say....umm...nahhh..never mind! :look: :blush: :lol: On another note, I do like it's soft fragrance.

Now, I LOVE me some Baba de Caracol!! ^^

:lick::lick:

Ok I have tried it...my hair officially hates it. I am in Dry-and-Frizzy-town today. I will never use it again!! I am going to post it at the prod exchange .

I do believe, as other posters have said, something was lost in translation. That said the other ingredients would leave me wary of this product, personally.

Back