WGHO-Where Have you Been All My Life?

caligirl

I used some wild growth hair oil on my hairline after spraying it with water and doing the scarf trick. Why does my hairline feels like silk like its been pressed? (I'm a 12 month transitioner-4a). The first three ingredients are: olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil.
I've got to find something to mask the smell because this stuff is too good to pass up.

What does it smell like? Is it a very strong smell?

If the smell is not to bad then I'll pick some up. I've heard good stuff about this product.

DSylla said:

If the smell is not to bad then I'll pick some up. I've heard good stuff about this product.

The smell has been liken to Indian curry to sulfur to Lawry's seasoning salt. Basically a spicy foody smell. Not really cool in my book.

I like the wgho but needed somethting to 'kill' the smell. Put a few drops of peppermint e.o that does the trick:)

Is it best to use this while your hair is wet because i used it for the first time the other day with DRY hair and it didn't do too much. Is it best to use it when your hair is wet???

The smell doesn't really bother me. I use on wet and dry hair and get good results, although for me, it smooths new growth better on wet hair.

I really love wgho too. I add a little hot six oil to cut the smell. After washing my hair and braiding with wgho some of my hair almost looks like its been pressed. And it helps make my really thick natural hair easy to comb. WGHO is incredible.

"WGHO-Where Have you Been All My Life?"

That's the same words that came out of my mouth when I first tried WGHO. My scalp was on fire and my hair was a mess. WGHO made me really want to grow out my relaxer...I completely fell in love with my newgrowth. It immediatedly calmed my scalp and made my hair look much better and less drier.

Most of all, it put an end to my product junkizism(sp?).

Last edited:
WGHO can be found in Sally's but many people complain about the smell. I use products from Carolyn Gray's "Healthier Hair in a Bottle" line - this stuff is ALL natural and GREAT! She wrote a book and stated she started with WGHO but again - couldn't take the smell. She devloped her own line with all the same benefits, minus the smell. It's worth a try -it can be found on the net at www.blackwomansguide.com (I think that's the address - if not just do a search under carolyn gray or the black woman's guide to healthier hair in 6 weeks) HTH :)

DSylla said:

I think it smells like cigarette ashes.

I just started using WGO within the past 2 weeks and it will be on my Hits list for May. I use it on damp hair to seal my ends and I find it also softens my new growth and detangles very well. The smell doesn't bother me at all. I added a couple drops of rosemary essential oil to my bottle.

Back