WET WRAPPING

soslychic

I've just had a relatively successful wet wrapping experience. My hair came out straight...yes...but...it's not silky. Is there any way to change what I do before or during or after wet wrapping to make it more SILKY kinda like it comes out with rollers? This is what I did by the way:

WAsh with creme of nature (for scalp)
Condition washed rest of length with humectress
Protein conditioned
Deep conditioned (I did so much conditioning because I had just come out of braids and I just had a relaxer so my hair needed it)
Moisturized with water and olive oil and a little more humectress
Then I just wrapped with 2 rollers in the back because I couldn't wrap that part
Then I sat under the dryer for about 1 hour and 15 minutes and it was a tiny bit damp in one spot still but I went to bed and woke up with it dry. So then I took it down and dry wrapped for just like 20 minutes the left side because it was sticking up from being wrapped over my head. Then I put on a little hair poilish and olive oil on the ends. Then it was straight and I have to say I was pleased for my first wrapping experience. but I decided to put it in a ponytail anyway because I'm just vain and wanted it silkier.
smile.gif

Any suggesions?

Unless your hair is relaxed bone straight, I don't think you can het that silky look with a wet wrap alone. If you wanted to go the next step and flat iron that would give you the silky look that you want. That is how I used to get my hair done. Wrap it then flat iron it. People used to think I was wearing a wig!

Back