Wet = Wonderful, Dry=Dreadful

inthepink

My hair seems to look wonderful when I wet it up with leave-in conditioner in the morning before styling. When I leave the house my hair looks great. By afternoon, my hair has dried and it just "looks" dry. It looks "dry" and shiny but something about it is just "dry" looking. Is there any way to keep the wet style look all day? I've been using Fantasia IC Ice Pomade hoping for that and it helps a little but I still get frizz peaking through once it dries. I know there was a thread before on this but I can never get the search feature to work the way I need it to so if anyone has it saved, can you please bump it?
Thanks.

I think I remember that post you're talking about... And I know what you mean... This happens to me in the summer when I do the "wet 'n wavy" style. It looks great wet but when it dries...
nono.gif
I think the bottom line was that you could carry a spray bottle with you and re-wet it during the day as needed...
ohwell.gif

Hi Hairlove!

I figured I would make my fist post to you
drunk.gif
How many hair sites can I join, right.

Anywho, I'm not sure what products you use in your hair, but the mineral in the IC is probably building up and making your hair look shiny, but dry/dull. I would suggest clarifying your hair, deep conditioning and try using products minus, mineral oil and 'cones.

HTH and hi everyone!

Potterville,

That's a great explanation and all this time I was thinking the pomade was doing wonders for my hair. I am going to go without the pomade for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Hi Potterville!

I recommend the Hennalucent treatment in neutral/clear--it really helped with that ashy/dry look on my hair. I also agree with the clarifying and not using oils and silicone serums too much.

My hair never seemed to carry the "wet" look all day until I started using activator gel, which I only use every now and then.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said: I think the bottom line was that you could carry a spray bottle with you and re-wet it during the day as needed...
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. You could also mix a little coconut/or jojoba oil---and rosemary with the water---this would also help you with shine.

I haven't tried this yet but my stylist suggested Sebastian Wet for maintaining a wet look when I was wearing a wet and wavy style.

Back