Wet set with satin foam rollers...who's tried it?

likewtr4chklit

I would like to do one tonight after my henna treatment. I want to do a ponytail set and let it air dry overnight, but I can't sleep in those dang mag rollers. Soooo whose done a wet set with satin foam rollers?

51jLgttCNBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I did it once, but not over night and it was on damp hair. I got the effect I wanted but do know that it looks nothing like the result you get from the hard plastic curlers. If you sleep on them your curls will be mushed because the sponge offers no support.

with foam? sounds to me like my hair would be wet forever lol

Tell us how it went(with visual support please :grin:)

I used to do ponytail rollersets with foam rollers after washing my hair, but not the satin-covered ones, the regular ones. I only did them during the summer when it was really hot though, otherwise my hair would never dry. On my natural hair, it resulted in "smooth" curls with straight-ish roots, but with almost as much shrinkage as plain air-drying. However, it was relatively easy to comb through/detangle without losing the curl definition. I don't have any digital pictures to show; it has been a while. But I always felt it was one of the easiest ways to handle my hair, and fairly quick, too. I think I was full APL to BSL when I used to do it most often.

Back