Dry set patterns

ANOTHER SUGGESTION!!! :)

if you still wanna use your satin rollers is to put them on dry hair--NO PRODUCT!! sleep in them overnight or just leave them in for a while if you wanna do it during the day. if you wanna do it during the day i'd zap them w/the blow dryer for a little bit or sit under a cool dry for 20 minutes.

After you remove the rollers wrap the hair--the curl should stay. i generally remove mine prior to my shower and unwrap right before i leave.

just another suggestion to add to your list!! :D

Carefree said:
Ok here is how my hair looks from the side with the pin-curls (my hair is in it's frizzy, curly-fro state now - but just wanted to show how the sections would look from the side):

Thanks Carefree for demonstrating your idea for us - I tried it myself and it's so easy! :) :up:

DatJerseyDyme said:
Glad it worked! I'm never going back to wrapping exclusively again!

You know what? Me either! I found that my hair doesn't mind wrapping - but I sure mind. It just doesn't come out the same anymore now that my roots are never totally straight.

I did this and my hair came out as IF I wrapped it (I only used 3 rollers tho - I'm a pin head. I realized that all I need is TWO pin curls too) but it has a nice bump at the end....NO need for heat to "touch it up in the AM" either!

You and carefree may have saved my hair. girl! :)

YUP! I get the same results! When I wrap, sometimes I have that Flyaway side...and as my hair gets longer, wrapping just becomes a hassal! Sleeping in rollers isn't the most beautiful thing in the world, but the results are great!

Carefree said:
Hey Tracy!

Usually when I rollerset my hair and after the initial flat-ironing, I try to avoid using additional heat for the duration of the set. What works for me is at night I set my hair in 3 large pin curls to maintain the loose, tousled curly look:

Here are the pin curls:

Also sometimes I'd do 2 pin curls - one on top and one in the middle like in the above pic, but the hair where the 3rd pin curl is - I'd wrap instead.

Here's the result - hair is a bit frizzy because it was beginning to revert. Here my curls are somewhat flipped, but I can use my fingers to have the curls flip or bend - depending on what I'm going for.

HTH!

Bless you carefree. I will be doing this tonight.

Back