Wet or Dry?

Wet or Dry?

• My hair responds better to 'wet' treatments such as deep conditioning, henna, etc.

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • My hair responds better to 'dry' treatmens such as daily moisturizing, sealing, etc.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other: Ive listed my method to impart moisture in my hair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go away, little girl.....

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

tapioca_pudding

My hair needs moisture so badly... :( Im trying new things but it got me to thinking:

Do you think hair absorbs moisture best 'wet' (i.e., deep conditioners) or 'dry' (daily moisturizing/sealing)? I hope the question makes sense. :perplexed

Last edited:
Moisture attracts moisture. This is the same reason its better to put lotion on your skin while its not completely dry. Moiturizers dont put in moisture as much as they KEEP IN moisture. I do both both. dry and wet ...however for me i noticed that most of the healthiness is coming from the moisture i put on it before it dries. HTH!

I'm sorry, I voted "go away little girl." I had to. It was too funny. :lachen:

Seriously, it's 50-50 for me. I need both my dry and wet treatments. I do more dry treatments than wet ones, but they are equally important.

[SIZE=+1] My hair desires water. I don't CW...but I do wet my hair almost daily. H2O plus the moisturizers leave my hair very soft and strong. [/SIZE]

My hair does better 'wet'. I've seen better results from deep conditioners and leave ins than from moisturizers. Putting moisturizer on my hair while it's dry only makes it look weighed down, and it just feels better with the conditioner.

I deep condition, add leave ins, and seal in moisture on wet hair. I rarely have to add moisturizers to my dry hair, I pretty much use moisturizers just to get my hair to lay down and look shiny and smooth, not really for dryness issues. If my hair ever gets that dry, I wash it again.

My hair is doing so much better now that I Con Wash every 3 days - I plan to work up to daily.

Daily leave-ins (even water based ones) is no substitute for wetting your entire head IMO.

Good luck :)

Back