wet hair seems dry and brillo

Glamorous_chic

so, i'm back on my hhj after falling off following some "trims" that were really cuts, and protective styling with weaves for the last year until my hair grew back. but i seemed to have forgotten everything regarding my day to day hair over the last year.

what i'm noticing now is that when i was my hair, it's wet, but feels incredibly dry and like a brillo pad if that makes since. i use dominican shampoos silicon mix and crece pelo, and deep condition over night with silicon mix or crece pelo or baba de caracol. do i need to adjust the ph? never had this problem before. its like the water beads just sit on top of my hair, and the conditioner doesn't seem to be absorbing into the hair. thanks for any help.

When is the last time you clarified? I believe all of the products you listed above have a lot of cones in them. You probably need to clarify to remove the build-up.

Yep. It's the cones built up and keeping moisture out of your strands. I'd also add a chelating to be on the safe side--a swimmers shampoo (AO has one) should do the trick in one swoop.

I had this problem for years. Cutting the shampoo (highly diluting in applicator bottle and doing scalp cleansing), and doing weekly DC's w/Aubrey Organics Gpb solved the problem. In other words, the shampoo was stripping my hair, further raising my hair cuticles-- increasing my already high porosity hair. Weekly protein-reconstructor and lo-pooing laid my cuticles down, strengthened my hair and got my porosity back in tact.

thanks to all that posted. i couldn't remember the product, but after research found it was roux porosity control. but saw that is only for high porosity. and i think i might be low porosity. it might be buildup, the week before i wore my hair curly, and used kinky curly, and curls jelly, and some other products and i went swimming. so its probably a mix of everything. i completely forgot. i'll try the clarifying shampoo and swimmers shampoo. THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!

Back