Wet hair for too long

Eligonma

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if keeping your hair in a ponytail while it's wet damages it. My hair takes too long to get dry everytime I wash it and I put it in a pony tail or use something to hold it back. The problem is that even if I wash it in the morning and use something to hold it, it's still wet in the evening! :perplexed
Thanks in advance for your answers!:yep:

My hair was wet all day today. I cowashed it last night, baggied overnight and it was in a bun all day. When I got home at 9:30PM it was still wet. I just took it down and cowashed it again :look:. I do this just about every other day. It's airdrying loose tonight. Just be extra gentle with it and use a protein con once in a while.

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if keeping your hair in a ponytail while it's wet damages it. My hair takes too long to get dry everytime I wash it and I put it in a pony tail or use something to hold it back. The problem is that even if I wash it in the morning and use something to hold it, it's still wet in the evening! :perplexed
Thanks in advance for your answers!:yep:
Welcome Eligonma! :)
The main thing with wet hair is to make sure the ponytail holder is not too tight, otherwise it can break your hair. If you are trying to airdry it, there are many techniques on this board.

I airdry all of the time but I airdry overnight (in a rollerset) so it can be smooth and dry during the day. Some ladies do wash and go's regularly, as Cleve_gryl mentioned and their hair may not get dry on the same day. It depends on what you are intending to do.

Back