Wet hair after early morning exercise?

Lecaste

Hi guys, /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a problem. I often work out before work. Afterwards, my hair is pretty damp (though not actually wet) and, after the steam from the shower is added to it, it's even damper! I don't wash or rinse my hair in the morning--I do it at night when I have time to let it airdry.

My hair has thickened up incredibly since I started using the tips on this board (THANK YOU, THANK YOU Adrienne for the S-Curl info!) and I have been wearing my drawstring ponytail faithfully. I even took the combs out of the ponytail and use the brown plastic pins instead (which I love!).

Now, though, it's getting harder to pull my hair back in the mornings. When I comb it, there are comb marks in it and it dries that way. I am terrified of ripping my hair by applying elastic (actually those Scunci nylon thingies) and pins and the ponytail to my wet hair. It feels like I am undoing all the work I've done!

I can't blow my hair dry. I don't have time to let it stay out and airdry it. But I am afraid of ripping up my hair. Is putting it in a ponytail wet really bad? Any advice? Products to use? Help?! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance,

Lecaste

Lecaste -

I go thru this all the time. Not too much you can do. I pull it up and attach my pony. I try to get ponytails that have a natural texture so when my hair dries it doesn't look too different. I get the no damage hair bands from Scrunchi.

Adrienne suggested cutting the leg of an old stocking to secure your hair into a bun. I've done it and it works better than any scrunchie I've ever used. It's very easy on the hair. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I pull my hair back in a scrunchi (the really small, coton ones) after I work out and attach a draw string pony tail or bun. I haven't experienced any breakage from the scrunchis. I also TRY TO make sure that I do a conditioner wash that evening.

-monique

Thanks, Armyqt! I do "kind of" use an old stocking...the Scunci elastics that I buy are the nylon kind and look just like a piece of pantyhose.

Carrie, thanks for the advice. I know that you work out WAY more than I do and if you still have hair... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lecaste

Back